Sore...

Raposa

White Belt
Reaction score
first class of muay thai a couple days ago (friday), and I'm not sure if I've pulled something or what I've done... upper arms / shoulders still burn... and it takes a conscious effort to lift my arms.

Am I just *that* out of shape that one class has done that to me, have I pulled something, or have I just worked muscles in ways I'm not use to?

thanks!

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well people some times do jump in a little to hard and find that they are sore for quite a while. If it continues I would definitely see a physician. However, I imagine that you body is just getting used to the new muscles being used. Good luck.
icon6.gif

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with Brian; it sounds like you're discovering the special joy of working a muscle too hard. I usually end up with this experience a couple times a year... It'll take a couple of days to recover, but resist the urge to do nothing. Keep moving, stretching, and be active.

OP
R

Raposa

White Belt
Reaction score
it's more than likely over-worked a muscle group I'm not use to. You'd suggest continuing with being active / training and whatnot as opposed to doing nothing?

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
do what you can within the pain limits you are willing to take. If soreness and pain continue see a DR.
Pain is to be expected when doing any new activity like muay thai, but continuing pain and the inability to do the activities of daily life for an extended period of time is a different story

OP
R

Raposa

White Belt
Reaction score
I suppose I should specify where... under the arm, about 6" downwards. and I do have a medical on tuesday, so I'll bring it up with the Dr. then. Hurrah for no-nonsense, straight forward doctors

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
because of where you say it is I would guess that you tore a muscle or pulled a tendon
be sure to let us know what the doc says

OP
R

Raposa

White Belt
Reaction score
because of where you say it is I would guess that you tore a muscle or pulled a tendon
be sure to let us know what the doc says

hey, I'll take this pain / annoyance over having a bruised rib anyday! (also, I'll let you nice people know)

Latest Discussions