Oh that one , I thought you meant this one-

Everybody have fun tonight
Everybody Wang Chung tonight
Everybody Wang Chung tonight
Everybody have fun

Once I started liking Wing Chun I changed the lyrics from Wang Chung to Wing Chun :D

Each Family of Wing Chun or CMA in general has their own "Kuen Kuit"
拳訣 which is a translated in English as sometimes (Fist) song, poetry or I prefer the translation "formula". Which is a unique expression from each of our Ancestors on their training methodology, knowledge accumulated, understanding in general. The Kuen Kuit provide access into a decent understanding of the System itself, but take note the Kuen Kuit are generally transmitted in a more informal format, for instance during dim sum or tea house, but generally not in an academic sense.

Also to note Kuen Kuit are important concepts but are not & never will be the "be all end all" of Wing Chun, take them for what there worth but allow room to grow & accumulate your own understanding as well.

I would advise you to check out a book from "Moy Yat" called Kuen Kuit, haha since were on the topic, it gives a decent translation from the Kuen Kuit as handed down from Ip Man & inscribed on the chops.

http://www.wcarchive.com/articles/maxims-kuen-kuit.htm

The above kuit was originally lifted without permission from the Fong collection. More sayings than in the Moy yat collection.

The Ip man lineage collections are a little different from Sum Nun's.

joy chaudhuri

www.tempewingchun.com

nice bit of history there. I read the WC Archive one already but I didn't know about what it meant when they say song of Wing Chun. Thanks you guys

PS: Self interpretations of the kuit without expert guidance can be misleading

Correct, that is why you read the multiple interpretations from experts to get a rudimentary understanding.

Latest Discussions

Back