Song of Fire and Ice

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Song of Fire and Ice
By Cryozombie - 07-27-2008 12:25 PM
Originally Posted at: Dead Parrot Tavern

====================

For Fans of George RR Martin's "Song of Fire and Ice" series of novels... (which are fairly decent, if long, reads dealing with a "War of the Roses" type Court Politics set in a fantasy world)

Dark Sword Miniatures has started releasing a line of Miniatures based on the Novel: Here is wave 1: Jon Snow, Cersie and Jamie Lannister, Ser Loras, The Hound, Melisandre, and The Nights Watch

Attached Images
jpg.gif
fice1.JPG (29.5 KB)
jpg.gif
grrm_jaime_cersei_p_mar.jpg (36.1 KB)
jpg.gif
grrm_jonsnow_p_f2.jpg (29.5 KB)
jpg.gif
grrm_melisandre_f2_p.jpg (25.0 KB)

Read More...

------------------------------------
The Dead Parrot Tavern - The Dead Parrot Tavern is a community forum for the discussion of the golden age of piracy, pirate fests, ren faires, science fiction, fantasy and horror with news, info, calendars of events, message boards, and more! We welcome all to our shores!

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
No kidding! The Robert Jordan-esque bloat is already creeping in...

I hate to look at it that way because it is just such damn good writing. But I know what you mean.

But I guess we can all keep in mind, after The Hobbit was published, Tolkien's fans were asking for a sequel. Eventually Mr. Tolkien began writing what became The Lord of the Rings, but it took about 17 years to get it published once he started writing. That was just how he worked, very meticulously...but also very slowly.

Latest Discussions