Something weird is happening...

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bob, Andrew, someone, HELP!!!

Starting about half an hour ago, when I open the most recent post in a thread, it's labelled #1 in the thread, and the window above the post contains a hierarchy of embedded directories corresponding to posts-as-threads and replies... it's like a LISP list written out not as <1, 2, 3....>, the usual format, but with FIRST and REST attributes specified via append, a huge ungainly thing, and as a rule I can't get to the posts immediately preceding the last one. Anyone have an idea what's going on?

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
What are you looking at? Is everything here looking like that?

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hmmm... have you checked you settings? Maybe a checkbox got checked, or unchecked, that changed your formatting. I'm certainly not seeing anything like that.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm with Kacey... I haven't seen anything, and it's possible that something was checked.

OP
exile

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks, guys—my display mode mysteriously switched from `linear' to `hybrid'. I swear on a stack of old JAMA issues that I did not touch it... it must be Jack O' the System, a nasty evil spirit about two inches high in a green outfit who infests computer networks and changes people's settings at will... problem now solved (till the next time Jack O' decides to do something malicious...)

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Thanks, guys—my display mode mysteriously switched from `linear' to `hybrid'. I swear on a stack of old JAMA issues that I did not touch it... it must be Jack O' the System, a nasty evil spirit about two inches high in a green outfit who infests computer networks and changes people's settings at will... problem now solved (till the next time Jack O' decides to do something malicious...)
It's the mogwai's that are turning into gremlins on the net. Run! RUN!

Latest Discussions