Soke Michael DePasquale, Sr.

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
He was someone that I remember from my first days of karate back in 1991.
I bought Inside Karate Magazine a lot and he and his son were featured in every issue in some way.
My prayers go to his family.

AoG

bshovan

Orange Belt
Reaction score
God Bless O'Sensei Michael DePasQuale,

He was a true Martial Artist and human being who always put others before himself, teaching life lessons as needed.
O'Sensei was a living legend, a pioneer and guardian of what the Martial Arts are all about. His vast knowledge, wisdom and understanding of many cultural ways of life were his trademark.
O'Sensei was not only a Master Martial Artist but a teacher who spent his whole life helping others. He preached the positivity all should strive for and become.
Rest in peace O'Sensei and thankyou for everything.

Bill Shovan

KempoShaun

Green Belt
Reaction score
I had the honor of being recognized for my fifth degree black belt by the IFOJJ in 1997, and will never forget the short ammount of time I got to spend talking with DePasquale Sensei Sr. I will also never stop watching my Hepi-Ryu cane instructional video that he gave me as a gift. The Martial Arts world was changed drastically by this man. He will be sorely missed. :asian:

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
I remember a photo of him giving an honorary black belt certificate to then President Richard Nixon. Does anyone have that photo or the story behind it?

AoG

Latest Discussions