Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by bob919
most people who are tall are also skinny so they often have weak balance most shorte people have good balance making pretty hared to throw them unless they over commit i would grapple cause i am talland big but the lanky types would probably do best with striking you can keep shorter people away with kicks and pucnhes if they are shorter but much stronger than you keep them at a distance with frequent jabs or straight rights

Bob919,

I have to ask this of you. If you grapple, how do you apply the techniques properly. My Arm is almost as long as some legs. How do I wrap my then larger leg around their leg? When the opponent uses their legs and body against me to get an armbar, and sometimes I can pull them back to me.

I real question is how do I teach the right techniques, when I have problems demonstrating them physically on some of the smaller than me opponents.

Thanks

B

bob919

if they are smaller i do mainly upperbody grappling combined with elbows and knees i usually only use grappling to facilitate striking i find this very effective trapping is very effective at close range
i must say iam not a good thrower because i train to fight many opponents at a time.

i suggest if you have long arms and legs you should use them to keep the oponent at long range and pound on him from there

i dont know what else to suggest

OP
Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by bob919
if they are smaller i do mainly upperbody grappling combined with elbows and knees i usually only use grappling to facilitate striking i find this very effective trapping is very effective at close range
i must say iam not a good thrower because i train to fight many opponents at a time.

i suggest if you have long arms and legs you should use them to keep the oponent at long range and pound on him from there

i dont know what else to suggest

Bob919,

In a fight, I use my hieght, weight, mobility, size, mass, voice, feet, to run or charge, and all my weapons to cause damage. I try to avoid the ground, since I have fought many a person at once and being on the ground against many is when I was hurt.

I was just curious how do I teach others, certain techniques?

Thanks for the feedback, good advice. :D