Skimmers Found Installed Inside Gas Pumps. Inside!

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If you're the type of person who already reflexively jiggles every card slot and looks for pinhole cameras whenever you go to swipe your card, despair. There is no 100% foolproof way to protect yourself, as proven by a pair of banditos who stole 3,600 card numbers after installing a credit card skimmer inside several gas pumps, reports the MountainView Voice. More »

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If you're the type of person who already reflexively jiggles every card slot and looks for pinhole cameras whenever you go to swipe your card, despair. There is no 100% foolproof way to protect yourself, as proven by a pair of banditos who stole 3,600 card numbers after installing a credit card skimmer inside several gas pumps, reports the MountainView Voice. More »

It's one of the reasons why I like paying CASH for everything. I have a debit card but only use it at my bank's ATM to withdraw CASH and then go from there.

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
At this point it's about damage control. If the bad guys want your information, they'll have it. Just read your statements carefully, check your credit record and report funny business ASAP.

Latest Discussions