Single Posters

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I might be imagining this, but have there been quite a few ‘single posters‘ who ask a question and then never respond to the replies? Are they bots and if so, what is their function?

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Some of them probably are. You don't even see all the ones we delete because they're clearly bots (especially when they start replying to themselves with advertising links).

Some of them may also be just people who ask a question because they're bored and then never bother to follow up. We used to get some of those before the current plague of bots.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I might be imagining this, but have there been quite a few ‘single posters‘ who ask a question and then never respond to the replies? Are they bots and if so, what is their function?
I thought you were looking for a date? "Hey, where are all my single MT'ers at?" I mean, not that much of a stretch after that loincloth and baby oil comment... :D

OP
Gyakuto

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of them probably are. You don't even see all the ones we delete because they're clearly bots (especially when they start replying to themselves with advertising links).
Oh how tedious! I don’t envy you.
Some of them may also be just people who ask a question because they're bored and then never bother to follow up.
Just think of the wealth of information they’re missing (and a lot of silliness).

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Maybe free advice is a bad idea. The book I just read has the following statement.

"If you teach MA for free, when your MA finds out, will it be sad?"

A: Which MA is the best?
B: That's $2 question. Here is how you can pay.

A: Where can I find a good MA teacher?
B: That's $10 question. ...

Last edited:
OP
Gyakuto

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paying for advice has zero impact on it's value. Some of us are motivated by things other than money.
You mean you receive sexual favours for being a moderator? 😳 Where can I sign up?

Latest Discussions