Mark Coleman wakes up after saving his parents in a fire

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mark Coleman got stuck in a house fire, could have saved himself, but returned into the burning house multiple times to rescue family. They're both fine, but he ended up in the hospital, almost dying. Woke up and is just happy that his parents survived.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/13/sport/mark-coleman-house-fire-ufc-spt-intl/index.html

UFC Hall of Famer Mark Coleman from hospital bed: 'I'm the happiest man in the world'

Sad part is, while he was able to rescue his parents, he wasn't able to rescue his dog (though he tried), who was the one who woke him up to begin with.

Last edited:
OP
Monkey Turned Wolf

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I saw this this morning. Thank God he saved his folks and survived himself. My heart hurts for the loss of his dog, Hammer. 🙏
I used to get into arguments with my grandma as a kid, who would tell me that catholic doctrine said dogs don't go to heaven. If she was around, I'd point to this dog, who saved his family, and ask her if he went to heaven.

She'd probably throw a slipper at me.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I used to get into arguments with my grandma as a kid, who would tell me that catholic doctrine said dogs don't go to heaven. If she was around, I'd point to this dog, who saved his family, and ask her if he went to heaven.

To me, the greatest episode of The Twilight Zone was The Hunt. “An old man goes raccoon hunting with his beloved dog, a hunt from which neither return.”

It concerns Heaven, the devil and a man with his dog. If you haven’t seen it, check it out.

gyoja

Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Got to watch out for those slippers!

OP
Monkey Turned Wolf

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
To me, the greatest episode of The Twilight Zone was The Hunt. “An old man goes raccoon hunting with his beloved dog, a hunt from which neither return.”

It concerns Heaven, the devil and a man with his dog. If you haven’t seen it, check it out.
I haven't seen that episode. My favorite involves aliens cooking people. I'll have to check that one out

Latest Discussions