Singapore, anyone?

OP
Zero

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It's a matter of cost, international schools charge several times the fees of local government schools, however, if OP's expat package includes for his children's education at international schools, then I'd say it's definitely worth serious consideration.

On a side note, I don't think the Singapore education system is more pressurizing than the PRC system. Maybe that Chinese family's kids found it particularly difficult because the medium of instruction was in English?

Am not sure how long we would be there but taking things all the way, would you know if, for example, kids did well at international school, and not local school system, they could still equally access top Singapore universities? Or would they be disadvantaged obtaining admission to uni with respect to kids in local school system?

zzj

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Am not sure how long we would be there but taking things all the way, would you know if, for example, kids did well at international school, and not local school system, they could still equally access top Singapore universities? Or would they be disadvantaged obtaining admission to uni with respect to kids in local school system?

International Schools in Singapore offer curriculum/qualifications such as GCSE or SATs etc, and those are accepted for entry into local Universities on equal stabnding, however, the factor that may affect your children's chances for admission to local universities would be the quota for non-Singaporean students. That said, our universities are in general very open to international students, and have set aside a large proportion of the annual intake for non-Singaporeans.

Marian Ambers

White Belt
Reaction score
I'll be visiting Singapore this Friday. My brother-in-law married a Singaporean. They have two kids now. Singapore is really tough on kids. They study even on weekends.... swimming, piano, guitar, Chinese language, etc. Kids don't get to have a real rest day.

Latest Discussions