Silat Kalimah from Malaysia

malayagold

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi folks

Just so that you know.

For the first time in the history of Silat Kalimah which has got their act together and now we have launched an official website filled with what else? History.... and what Silat Kalimah is all about.

There's a lot of definition as to what silat is all about and Silat Kalimah is remarkably different, compared to other silat practice.

We appreciate your support so do give us a visit.
The site shall receive a lot of updates with new materials almost weekly.

Goto Http://www.silat-kalimah.com

WM

doc D

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hello
Here in the USA I know of one teacher of Silat Kalimah. He is an old friend and teacher of mine , Omar Hakim.He is a qualified instructor in a number of arts. His focus has been starting his organization for Silat Seni Kuntau Tekpi. I am not sure he is currently running a Silat Kalimah program in the Austin Tx area or not.

My understanding has been that Silat KAlimah has a very strong spiritual focus. It may be closed to non-Muslim but I could be very mistaken. Perhaps someone here knows better than I. What I have heard of it sounds very good.
With Respect
Doc

OP
M

malayagold

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi Doc

Thanks for a very warm welcome down here in this forum and thanks to the forum admin for unlocking my posting privileges....i know, it was my fault ;)

By the way I didn't know that Silat Kalimah existed in the USA.
The names you have given is being passed around and we're looking for more information on your teacher Omar Hakim.

It'd be really great if we can be networked, somehow...

doc D said:
My understanding has been that Silat KAlimah has a very strong spiritual focus. It may be closed to non-Muslim but I could be very mistaken. Perhaps someone here knows better than I. What I have heard of it sounds very good.

You are correct on it being spiritually focused, thats why it 'used' to be closed to non-Muslim.

But not anymore, before this project started...I've had a conversation with one of the cikgu on this issue of worshipping the same god, just so that one can learn this MA. And he surprised me by saying that he has done a curriculum to cater for non-Muslim.

The only thing missing would be the du'a and the zikr which would help the physical body to grow with Silat Kalimah...so it is not just the physical aspect being affected.

Best regards
WM

doc D

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I have had several lengthy discussions with Cikgu Omar in my garage and elsewhere regarding Silat Kalimah......The spiritual orientation of the art never seemed problematic to me ( again ,since it seems several "groups " of people worship the same God ). The teaching seemed very acceptable and good to me based on what little I learned of the art. I do not think he is actively teaching Silat Kalimah here, although I have several Muslim friends who I would love to see start training with him. He is a very good teacher and a true gentleman.

Doc

OP
M

malayagold

White Belt
Reaction score
I've received confirmation from Silat Seni Kuntau Tekpi people from up north saying that Cikgu Omar got the permission to teach Silat Kuntau Tekpi in the US from Pak Guru Sani.

It was told that Cikgu Omar met Pak Jo (Silat Kalimah) he studied under Pak Jo in Gombak, KL.

More info is coming this way once our friends get the full picture.
Cikgu Omar has all the support from PSKM if he does include Silat Kalimah in his roster.

BTW doc, Cikgu Ashaari has devised a full curriculum for non-muslim which would take 2 years to complete. There will also be a short 6 month training guide for people looking for a short term MA.

I'll be posting it on the website & in the forum soon.

WM

Latest Discussions