SigSauer 1911 Target

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the wee early hours of April 1st, some yahoos decided to drive an SUV through the back wall of my favorite gun shop. They snatched about $10,000 worth of guns and did about $100,000 in damage.
The shop was open for business despite this, so Sue and I dropped by. This a family shop and they're really nice people. So I decided to do my part to help them maintain a positive cash flow by buying this. No, I didn't buy it because my Para P14-45 looked lonely, as the only 1911 in the gun closet. No, I didn't buy it because I wanted a new toy.
I was trying to help this family, and the local economy. Really. Honest. That's why I did it.

9fd6e8842c0dc0013532e3db227be4e8.jpg

d3449013076b7fd68d026bba1e74e186.jpg

I have not taken it to the range yet. I've detail stripped it and cleaned it (am I the only one who detail strips a brand new gun?), and it seems a solid piece. Tolerances are tight, and the trigger, hammer, slide and magazine operations are smooth and slick. I should be able to get it to the range next week, and I have high expectations.

Last edited:
OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Details:
If you're at all familiar with the 1911, you already know what the gun is like. The only real variance from the norm is that SigSauer uses an external ejector.
Trigger pull is light and sharp.
Since this is the Target model, it has match grade everything and fully adjustable sights.
It comes with two 8-round magazines.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well I didn't make it to the range this week because of a bout of XueFLu, but there is news.
Just got word that the people involved in this smash and grab burglary have been arrested.
Turns out these geniuses never considered the possibility that there would be cameras recording during their break in...

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I like it. And nice job doing your part to help the local shop owners. I wonder if I can use that excuse on my wife

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You shoot this Pig yet? Im interested in your thoughts

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have not. I've been sick with the XueFlu all week so my activities have been severely curtailed.

Sent from an old fashioned 300 baud acoustic modem by whistling into the handset. Really.

Latest Discussions