Should you shup up when you see a clip like this?

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Someone put up a clip like this in another forum and said this guy has great skill. When you see a clip like this, will you respond and express your opinion, or will you just keep quite and shut up? I do believe that if you don't have anything good to say, don't say it. On the other hand, you do want to put in your honest opinion.

Please watch between 0.32 - 0.53. IMO, there is no way that can be real. What's your opinion on this?

Last edited:

Midnight-shadow

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Oh look, another "magical Qi" video......

Here's the thing about videos like this. Anyone who has studied physics or anatomy can see at a glance that this is fake, purely by how the people getting pushed around are moving. When they are getting pushed away from the "Qi user" there is no resistance to their movements at all, it is all voluntary. Ever seen someone run into a brick wall? It's completely different to the motion shown in these types of videos, something that is very very hard to act out properly.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone put up a clip like this in another forum and said this guy has great skill. When you see a clip like this, will you respond and express your opinion, or will you just keep quite and shut up? I do believe that if you don't have anything good to say, don't say it. On the other hand, you do want to put in your honest opinion.

Please watch between 0.32 - 0.53. IMO, there is no way that can be real. What's your opinion on this?

None of it is real. I've yet to see anyone who could do this against a skeptical opponent in demonstration. If someone makes a point of it being real, I'll point out the complete lack of evidence supporting it. If they persist, I'll point to videos that exist of people who did this sort of thing who failed miserably against skeptical opponents.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh look, another "magical Qi" video......

Here's the thing about videos like this. Anyone who has studied physics or anatomy can see at a glance that this is fake, purely by how the people getting pushed around are moving. When they are getting pushed away from the "Qi user" there is no resistance to their movements at all, it is all voluntary. Ever seen someone run into a brick wall? It's completely different to the motion shown in these types of videos, something that is very very hard to act out properly.
These guys need to hire expert mimes as demonstration partners.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Forum rules prohibit bashing other martial arts. Fortunately, there's nothing in the rules about bashing poor attempts to fake magical powers. Since there's no martial arts in this clip, just some play acting at doing magic, I'm happy to join the chorus in denouncing this as nonsense.

Midnight-shadow

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
None of it is real. I've yet to see anyone who could do this against a skeptical opponent in demonstration. If someone makes a point of it being real, I'll point out the complete lack of evidence supporting it. If they persist, I'll point to videos that exist of people who did this sort of thing who failed miserably against skeptical opponents.

Yes indeed. We all know what happens when someone tries to use Qi against a real opponent:

Spoiler alert! It didn't end well for the "Qi Master"

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Your first question asked if I would express an opinion against falsity or keep my mouth shut, right? Speaking for my self only, I would say nothing. If people do not have their own questioning minds then I cannot put one in their heads.

On the other hand, there is no harm in adding your honest opinion. On the understanding that the opinion of someone else may differ. Even in the face of your unassailable facts.

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah if I were there that guy would get smacked. Then the excuse would probably be "He wasn't used to my energy" or some bs like that.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Forum rules prohibit bashing other martial arts. Fortunately, there's nothing in the rules about bashing poor attempts to fake magical powers. Since there's no martial arts in this clip, just some play acting at doing magic, I'm happy to join the chorus in denouncing this as nonsense.
yep. martial arts was not the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the video.

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If people do not have their own questioning minds then I cannot put one in their heads.
I also don't have intend to change that person's mind.

Here was the simple Q & A.

A: Don't post and "you" don't have to. always a choice.
B: Not if someone keeps trying to put up this kind of "non-touch" clip.
A: Care to explain a little on Chinese thought or theory?
B: You believe it's real. I believe it's fake. There is no room left for any further discussion.

I just want to express my opinion. I don't want to get into argument with him.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yeah if I were there that guy would get smacked. Then the excuse would probably be "He wasn't used to my energy" or some bs like that.
I think I'm going to start doing that. I'll make up some fake martial arts and show case my ability to defend myself with mystical powers. Then I'll send a challenge out for someone to test my skills. Hopefully I'll get someone who wants to show me up. I'll go through my energy channeling and the who act and right as you are about to hit, I'll counter your attack and punch you in the face with some real kung fu.

This is something I would do. lol

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think I'm going to start doing that. I'll make up some fake martial arts and show case my ability to defend myself with mystical powers. Then I'll send a challenge out for someone to test my skills. Hopefully I'll get someone who wants to show me up. I'll go through my energy channeling and the who act and right as you are about to hit, I'll counter your attack and punch you in the face with some real kung fu.

This is something I would do. lol

This is why I always wear my cup. Sifu and others can be a jerk sometimes lol.

Latest Discussions