Shoes & Martial Arts

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just had another thought with that barefoot technique of my instructor's...imagine doing that to someone with hairy feet and ripping out hairs up there. Ouch.

I can see how a mat would have a risk of breaking toes. They're great for protecting your noggin for grappling and throws, but they can wreak havoc on a bare foot.

Oh, the pics are avatars. You should find something for setting one in your user profile stuff. It has to be no bigger than 50x50 pixels and I believe smaller than 3k. Should be something in the FAQ. I just found a pic I liked, shrunk it in PaintShop Pro, and voila!

Let us know if you've got anymore questions about the avatars.

Cthulhu

OP
I

IFAJKD

3 pages of shoes in training.....what's wrong with this world ? We need a "Martial Talk .com Seminar week in Florida. Each person who reaches so many posts and is a regular get's together to teach and train each gets a day . FUN

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm up for that! Come on down! The weather has been fantastic! Of course, comin' down to Florida from the midwest, NY, Canada, and where ever all the other regulars are is $$$.

I can still dream, though :D

Cthulhu

OP
I

IFAJKD

It is but I am so used to travel to train. I just accept it. Try it bud

OP
I

Icepick

Florida....warm....

Chance to leave igloo...

OP
I

IFAJKD

must.....train.....now! Actually I am going to be there in Jan

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'd love to be able to travel to train with different people. However:

school + work + family + no money = not good for travelling.

I think you mentioned you were going to be in the Tampa area for fishing or something. I'm way on the opposite coast, though. My family is still in Tampa, however.

Cthulhu

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Avatars - If ya have 1 ya like, and need a hand shaving it down to fit, let me know and as time permits, I'll tweek it for ya. I think I got the size set a bit higher than 3k...don't remember off hand, but PM me and I'll check.

martialtalk.com world tour. :D we set up regions, some one hosts the event, and all get together to train and eat lots of good food. :D

someday. :)

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
addendum to Kaith's post on avatars:

If Kaith is swamped, I could probably give it a whack as well.

Cthulhu

OP
I

IFAJKD

Martial Talk world tour 2002. I have a great retreat place in Minnesota and can put all up here. All it takes is a plan. If someone can't make it we all pitch in

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Some MartialTalk World Tour poster ideas:

MartialTalk World Tour! Coming to a town near you.
Be afraid. Be very afraid.

MartialTalk World Tour! Send in the clowns...

And constantly overheard at the main entrance to the venue:

No, no, no! This is MartialTalk, not Marital Talk!

Bah. More silly than funny...but I'm in a silly mood. Coffee at 9:30p.m. will do that to ya.

Cthulhu
must...have...caffeine...

OP
I

IFAJKD

would really enjoy...the MT breakfast club

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Now that would be ultramegaokay. Invading a Denny's or IHOP or somesuch. Dammit, we need matter transporters!

Cthulhu

OP
I

IFAJKD

Alright. first, I am serious about this. I never train with just JKD people or FMA people yada yada yada, We could pull this off and with planning $ doesn't have to be an issue. I would enjoy training with people who are open to so many different things. Who knows where it could go. Be open folks. I own an 80 acre horse farm and my school is on my property. We could put everyone up. so no lodging costs. How long does it take to put $ away for a $250.00 or $300.00 plane ticket. or road trip. ????
It would be an adventure
Dec I am in Calif
Jan I am in Florida
Feb in Washington
I can't afford s@!t . I am just lucky and blessed to have a wife that say's "you would be a fool not to do it"

Huh. what do ya think

OP
I

IFAJKD

Another motivational message brought to you by Me:D

Did I ever tell you about how to buy real estate with no money down ?;)

OP
G

GouRonin

I think we'd be fools not to do it.

But then again, I've done crazier stuff.

Latest Discussions