shin shin jujitsu

christopher74

White Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about shin shin jujitsu? I cant find to much about it on the net.Thanks

MarkBarlow

Purple Belt
Reaction score
It was started by Leo Wilson in the 1960s. Originally, he referred to it as jujitsu/karate. Jujitsu, karate and kung fu were all taught under the umbrella of the Midori Yama organization, also started by Wilson.

OP
christopher74

christopher74

White Belt
Reaction score
Mr. Barlow,Thanks for the information! There a Shin Shin dojo about an hour/20mins away from me in Huntsville AL. Take care!

MarkBarlow

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Nothing against Shin Shin or the Midori Yama folks but depending on where you live, there are also a few really good dojo in Huntsville, Cullman and Birmingham.

While it's very short notice, I'm hosting a Jujutsu Camp in Orange Beach this weekend and you're more than welcome to join us. We have several instructors from N. Alabama who'll be there.

OP
christopher74

christopher74

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello Mr.Barlow,Unfortunately I cant make the Jujutsu camp this weekend.Hopefully I can make it next time.I live in Lawrenceburg TN.There is not alot of Martial arts here.We have a few Wado Ryu Dojos and thats about it.Can you recommend a good Dojo in Huntsville AL? Thank you!

OP
christopher74

christopher74

White Belt
Reaction score
Yoseikan Budo sounds just like what im looking for.Thank for the help!

Yama_Ryu

White Belt
Reaction score
MIDORI YAMA BUDOKAI History

Seven styles of martial arts form the basis of Midori Yama Budokai. These are Kodokan Judo (Kano Jigoro, 1882), Shotokan Karate Do (Funakoshi Gichin 1937), Korean Tae Kwon Do (Choi Hong Hi, 1955). Tai Ki Ken (Sawai Kenichi, 1947), Daito Ryu Aiki Jujutsu (Takeda Sokaku Minamoto Yoshimitsu, 11th century), Savate (dockhands in Marseilles, 1820) and Fan Gin Han (Aiki Jujutsu and Kung Fu Eagle Claw, 1939).

Leo D. Wilson, Shihan, founded the Huntsville (Alabama) Judo Club in 1964. Students of Franklin T. Booth Sensei (Chakras Judo and Karate) joined Wilson Shihan in his School of Martial Arts (SOMA). Wilson Shihan founded this organization in 1966. Wilson Shihan was a member of both the USJF (United States Judo Federation) and the USJA (United States Judo Association). In 1973, Wilson Shihan with Ron Rogers and William Rawls, founded Midori Yama Judokai. In 1974, Wilson Shihan and Rogers Sensei founded Midori Yama Budokai.
Link to page

Latest Discussions