shichikyu

shudokan-RN

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
My son and I passed our belt test, I am now a Blue belt, he is now a yellow w/ black stripe. We both did well, I did mess up with my second kata ( did a kihon shodon, pinan shodan medley in the middle) but I recovered and did pinan shodan for my third kata without a mistake. I am not sure if anyone noticed. Can't wait to find out what our next 2 katas will be.

marci

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations to you and your son. Everyone messes up while testing once in a while. The fact that you recovered and did well on the rest of the test is the big thing

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My son and I passed our belt test, I am now a Blue belt, he is now a yellow w/ black stripe. We both did well, I did mess up with my second kata ( did a kihon shodon, pinan shodan medley in the middle) but I recovered and did pinan shodan for my third kata without a mistake. I am not sure if anyone noticed. Can't wait to find out what our next 2 katas will be.

Congrats!

Trust me, they notice every mistake.

The important thing is, though, that you didn't give up, and that you stuck with it, and finished what you started. That, in and of itself, was the more important criteria in the exam.

I'm guessing that you'll be learning Pinan Nidan and then Pinan Sandan next.

OP
shudokan-RN

shudokan-RN

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
the next 2 katas will be pinan sandan and naifanchin (spelling ?) Icant wait I love Kata

Marci

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well done!

I agree with Grenadier. The important thing is to continue to the end, errors or not!

Ray B

Green Belt
Reaction score
Congratulations on your achivement.

For reference: Naifanchin/Naifanchi/Naihanchin/Naihanchi & Tekki
are all the same kata. Tekki is used by Shotokan and the others are all dialect variants.

Latest Discussions