Sexy French Maid Costume--FOR TODDLERS!

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The only way to stop them marketing stuff like that is get all parents to tell 'em what they can do with their costumes.

Jeff

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
If adults weren't buying these costumes for their children, the manufacturers wouldn't be making them. If you want to see who is to blame, look in the mirror.

Halloween is a childs game, that should officially end at 11 years old. But, isn't now like the second most expensive holiday, after Christmas? Adults are driving this market, not children.

I suggest you stop looking for this stuff on the web, and maybe play a game a Scrabble.

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The only way to stop them marketing stuff like that is get all parents to tell 'em what they can do with their costumes.

Jeff

What we're seeing here is just another instance of the aggressive sexualization of childhood for commercial purposes. Cosmopolitan now has a separate edition for teenagers. What's next---Cosmo Toddler? A special edition for six-to-eight year olds? The corollary of the old marketing platitude, `Sex sells', is that you move that particular pitch downward in age as the disposable income of young people increases. And if you can get even very young children implicated in the loop somehow, you're going to make still bigger profits.

It's true, the magazine industry has absolutely no qualms about selling anything that sells. Parents have got to stop and think about what kind of message they're sending to their kids by buying into this crap---and then not buy it. If enough people send letters to the manufacturer saying, in effect, on the basis of what you're trying to sell I am not only going to boycott you, but tell my friends about you and get them to boycott you... it will stop. Same with the stores that sell this grotesque stuff.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
If adults weren't buying these costumes for their children, the manufacturers wouldn't be making them. If you want to see who is to blame, look in the mirror.

Halloween is a childs game, that should officially end at 11 years old. But, isn't now like the second most expensive holiday, after Christmas? Adults are driving this market, not children.

I suggest you stop looking for this stuff on the web, and maybe play a game a Scrabble.

Well that was friendly.:)

And although I know nothing here was in reference to me, other than I am a parent. I felt I should say that I do not go looking for this stuff on the Internet, and neither my wife my children or I have anything to do with Halloween.

But amazingly enough, being a parent, I am rather appalled by it when I hear about it. Therefore I do get upset and although I do not disagree with your point that they probably wouldn't sell the stuff if the parents didn't buy it and I also believe that those of us that are parents should take responsibility for such things. Therefore I do not buy it or recommend it. As a matter of fact I speak out against it.

However pointing the finger of blame is just that and it gets absolutely nothing accomplished except allowing the finger pointer to go off feeling happy they have successfully passed the buck to someone else and they can then feel that none of it is there responsibility and it becomes simply a case of it's there fault not mine therefore I need do nothing about it.
And life goes on.

Fu_Bag

Blue Belt
Reaction score

Jeff

That'd make for some very stinky costumes...... ;)

Fu_Bag

Blue Belt
Reaction score
and really, the costumes are so small, it wouldn't hurt enough to make your point anyway....

I agree with Jeff! About a dozen of those costumes PLUS the shoes and dusters should tidy things up. We're talking full costumes/outfits here.... :D

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Moderator Note:

Please keep the conversation polite and respectful.

Lisa Deneka
MartialTalk Super Moderator

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Welcome to my world

Frankly I am hoping my Sanda Sifu offers to teach my youngest with his daughter they are the same age.

But I will still worry... A LOT

Latest Discussions