Seminar Poll

D

Disco

Just a thought. Since we talk to each other via this web site, would anybody like to see a get together / seminar type were we could exchange some hands on training?

I know it would have to be on a regional basis, say at the most a days drive away. I know I would'nt mind giving up a weekend to meet fellow martial artists and learn something new. For all you well healed devotes, you could just fly your personal jet in
:rofl:

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'd like to see a hapkido seminar in my area. Chris offered me to come to his school, but time isn't working out ..... I wish, or I'd be there! Dang! I wish I could get time off to go to Chris' dojang :(

pesilat

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Disco
Just a thought. Since we talk to each other via this web site, would anybody like to see a get together / seminar type were we could exchange some hands on training?

I know it would have to be on a regional basis, say at the most a days drive away. I know I would'nt mind giving up a weekend to meet fellow martial artists and learn something new. For all you well healed devotes, you could just fly your personal jet in
:rofl:

Absolutely. I've already got two of them on my calendar this year (for other discussion forums I'm on). I love putting faces with names and playing with other people.

If someone decides to put something together, I'll be on board (unless it happens this summer ... I'm pretty booked the rest of this summer).

Mike

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I would be willing to offer my school for any one who wanted to get together. Only problem we are in the middle of BFE that would be ILLINOIS.
Bob :rofl:

pesilat

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kempojujutsu
I would be willing to offer my school for any one who wanted to get together. Only problem we are in the middle of BFE that would be ILLINOIS.

Depending on where you IL you are, you might actually be within a few hours of me.

Mike

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Pesilat you are in Louisville KY right? I am a few hours away. I think 3hrs. I am in Effingham IL which is insouth central part or IL.
Bob :asian:

pesilat

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Pesilat you are in Louisville KY right? I am a few hours away. I think 3hrs. I am in Effingham IL which is insouth central part or IL.

Yup. Like I said, not too far away :)

I've been through Effingham several times when driving from IN and OH over to CO (for training) and MO (to visit relatives).

Mike

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'd love to get something going. I just havent been able to get much moving myself, but if anyone else wants to set something up, I'll help however I can.

:asian:

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Pesilat,
I have some family in Louisville. Next time down that a way will look you up. Still up for a midwest seminar/ get together.

pesilat

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Pesilat,
I have some family in Louisville. Next time down that a way will look you up. Still up for a midwest seminar/ get together.

Cool. Come on by :)

Incidentally, I'm having my instructor in for a 5 hour workshop on Kali and Silat here in Louisville on August 10. I haven't formally announced it anywhere yet (just got the flyer put together today - now I have to run it by my instructor to make sure it's what he wants).

I'll be posting it here on MT when I get it all finalized, of course. But now you've got an early heads up if you're interested :)

And I'm trying to put together a big event here in Louisville for April next year with all 3 of my primary instructors teaching. That's very tentative at this point, though, and may not pan out (or may not pan out the way I hope).

Mike

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Me too count me in...

Not to offer my school... to be in Illinois!

Heh heh

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I am going to start a thread off of this one. See if any one is interested in having a midwest seminar. It doesn't have to be here in Effingham, IL.
We are about 2hrs from Indy
2hrs from St. Louis
3hrs from Louisville, KY
3hrs from Chicago
So we are centerally located. Also need some dates etc.
PM if you want to

pesilat

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am going to start a thread off of this one. See if any one is interested in having a midwest seminar. It doesn't have to be here in Effingham, IL.
We are about 2hrs from Indy
2hrs from St. Louis
3hrs from Louisville, KY
3hrs from Chicago
So we are centerally located. Also need some dates etc.
PM if you want to

I'd be up for it. I've gotta go teach class right now, but I'll get back to you on it later.

Mike

OP
A

A.R.K.

Anyone in the South East area, specifically Florida? If so we can get something going in this area.

:asian:

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I started a new thread for anyone in the midwest wanting to partake in seminar for us people in the middle of the country. It is under general martial arts talk. Thread title Midwest Seminar/ Get together.

OP
S

Shinzu

i would be willing to give it a go. i would like to meet all the people on this board that have offered sound advise to the arts.

Latest Discussions