Security Level moving to Orange

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I just thougt I would share this article with those traveling this holiday season.

Click Here

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Approval ratings must be down! better scare everyone into supporting our president. ORANGE! CODE ORANGE! AHHH! Of course I support our president in a 'time of war'....please don't hurt me....AHHHH! :rolleyes:

M

MisterMike

We don't know when, where or how, but we need to move to the next level.

Thanks..... :rolleyes:

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The never ending war. The unseen enemy who is everywhere. When did my life become "1984"?

"Ignorence is Strength!!!"

OP
Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by upnorthkyosa
The never ending war. The unseen enemy who is everywhere. When did my life become "1984"?

"Ignorence is Strength!!!"

Just because people disagree does not mean they are ignorant.

Point to any two college proffesors from different degree programs that agree that the same person means exactly the same thing in their writing.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ya know, since we will never see "Green" again, couldn't they have taken it right to "Red", you know, to stay in the holiday spirit a bit more? I mean, "Orange" is just not a winter color.

:D

(And no, I don't take those who "Love Big Brother" seriously....)

Ok, I now declare a MartialTalk Emergancy!

Condition "RED, GREEN and WHITE".

All members are hereby requested to observe a heightened state of Holiday Spirit. Or, to Quote Saint Ted of the Wyld Stallion, "Be Excellent to one another."

This is not a drill.

(Oh yeah, when traveling, please pay attention to weather conditions, snow advisories, etc. Be safe, be warm, and be well.)

Happy Holidays!
:asian:

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rich Parsons
Just because people disagree does not mean they are ignorant.

Point to any two college proffesors from different degree programs that agree that the same person means exactly the same thing in their writing.

"Ignorance is Strength" is a quote from 1984. It is a figure of speech used in the book called "Newspeak" Orwell used this creation to show that a meaningless phrase can be given meaning in order to control people. I was alluding the fact that this terror alert and the rhetoric attached is much the same.

Terror alert - high. Be afraid and spend money. It's Newspeak.

Merry christmas

John

OP
Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
"Ignorance is Strength" is a quote from 1984. It is a figure of speech used in the book called "Newspeak" Orwell used this creation to show that a meaningless phrase can be given meaning in order to control people. I was alluding the fact that this terror alert and the rhetoric attached is much the same.

Merry christmas

John

Well, that may be so. I took it to mean that when I drive through Canada I had better have my passport. I had better expect long delays and back ups at the bridges. That if something was going to happen, it might happem when there are more people in the sky then at other times and when everyone is on short tempers from lines in stores already and workers want the time off, to spend with their families. Heck basic Tactical common sense would dictate that this would be a great time, not only for the physical damage, but also for the chaos and the damge to morale, around holidays.

OP
Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz
Ya know, since we will never see "Green" again, couldn't they have taken it right to "Red", you know, to stay in the holiday spirit a bit more? I mean, "Orange" is just not a winter color.

(And no, I don't take those who "Love Big Brother" seriously....)

Ok, I now declare a MartialTalk Emergancy!

Condition "RED, GREEN and WHITE".

All members are hereby requested to observe a heightened state of Holiday Spirit. Or, to Quote Saint Ted of the Wyld Stallion, "Be Excellent to one another."

This is not a drill.

(Oh yeah, when traveling, please pay attention to weather conditions, snow advisories, etc. Be safe, be warm, and be well.)

Happy Holidays!
:asian:

Saint Ted RAWKs! * Music from Air Guitar *

Do you think if I cross the bridge in my christmas santa hat that I will get less inspections?

I will be bringing the 4x4 to Buffalo. Hopefully I will not have to test out the off road capabilities or skid plates of the vehicle ;)

M

MisterMike

Merry christmas

John

Oh, kind of like Docudrama, the genre of films like Bowling for Columbine, which are neither a documentary and very poor drama?

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by MisterMike
Oh, kind of like Docudrama, the genre of films like Bowling for Columbine, which are neither a documentary and very poor drama?

:rolleyes: I noticed that you frequently bring up one thing that has little to do with the other.

M

MisterMike

Originally posted by PAUL
:rolleyes: I noticed that you frequently bring up one thing that has little to do with the other.

AndI seem to notice you cant seem to read a thread, that had 2 previous posts on DoubleSpeak. Not to mention, you are guilty breaking your own rules of posting with your last reply.

Attack me as you will because I have differing opinions, it only shows your true colors.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Guys, play nice and lets either get serious on the security issue, or poke fun at it...not each other. K?

Danke. :)

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
AndI seem to notice you cant seem to read a thread, that had 2 previous posts on DoubleSpeak. Not to mention, you are guilty breaking your own rules of posting with your last reply.

Attack me as you will because I have differing opinions, it only shows your true colors.

I'm not "attacking you." Trust me, it'll be blatently obvious if I go on the attack on you.

Plus, I'm not "breaking my own rules" because I am not speaking about staying on the topic of the thread, so your flat out wrong with that.

All I am saying is that One thing (Micheal Moores films) have absolutely nothing to do with the other (Security Code Orange). And...you frequently do that....bringing up something to make some sort of comparison whcih has nothing to do with the other.
If you don't like me pointing it out, then don't do it.

Sheeesh. :iws:

M

MisterMike

Back up "frequently" then. I think you're "flat out wrong." If you can't, try to keep the thread on topic.

R

rmcrobertson

Gee, thanks Mikey.

Hey--does this make sense:

"Manners maketh man."

M

MisterMike

Might be all it takes to make your kind of man.

But where are yours???

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Back up "frequently" then. I think you're "flat out wrong." If you can't, try to keep the thread on topic.

O.K… you asked for it… I apoligize in advance :shrug: :

Thread: “Strom with pants down”

You continually bring up “democrat” politicians such as Kennedy, Hillary and Bill for some sort of comparison to Strom. This was the equivalent to comparing an apple to an orange to a bananna to a pear. They were all separate people with separate problems.

Thread: “Saddam Caught”

The first thing you jump on is how the “Democrates are struggling for new excuses for this unjust war…” Saddam being caught has little to do with justifying the war. If Canada invaded the U.S., and captured Bush, would that justify the action? One doesn’t equate to the other. Yet, you used the opportunity to slam democrats by making an illogical connection. You also scoffed at the question by the LA Times, “Are we going to let him go,” when the question has been taken out of context because Bsuh made the decision to “let him go”, but into the hands of a tribunal.

Thread: Evolutionism Vs. Creationism

Quote “I heard the Pilgrims thought snakes came from sticks. Quick, somebody call National Geographic!”

Darwins theory is hardly based on the simple idea that certain things look alike. One has nothing to do with the other…again.

Thread: Drugs and Guns should be Legal

Quote: “But that won't stop someone from becoming an elected official, right Mr. Kennedy?” This doesn’t even fit into the thread or any argument you were making…just a chance to slam on a politician who you don’t like.

Anyways…I am not going to even try to keep going because I’m not trying to nitpick on you believe it or not; you just challenged my word “frequently”, so you essentially asked for it. Anyways, these examples aren’t that bad, which is why I didn’t say something when they occurred. Your Bowling for Columbine example in this thread was pretty ridicules, though. The thread is about our color coding national security system and terrorism, and your bringing up Michael Moores movie…? Yes, you often use subjects in the study to spout off your “right winged” views in a very unprovoked manner, yet this example was the worst. You should have expected someone to have said something. I did. So what.

I think the big problem is you often use unrelated topics to push a right winged political view, or slam on a left winged one. I don't know why you do that. :idunno:

Anyways...so You were wrong, and that’s O.K.. Truthfully, If I could turn back time I wouldn’t have used the word “frequently” because I am honestly not trying to attack you. So there, I apoligize. Here's your kiss… :kiss: now lets go back to the topic…K? :idea: :rolleyes: