Schools in and around L.A.

Han-Mi

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I am going on vacation to L.A. on the 5th and I will be there until the 15th or so. I was wondering if anyone here has or knows of a good chool in the area that wouldn't mind if a student of mine and I trained with them. I have a tournament on the 17th, just bad timing i guess but, I had this trip set up for quite a while. I am open to training with any art. I will be looking for some tomorrow on the net but, I trust you guys to give me good suggestions. I am going to be staying in seal beach. Any info is appreciated, thanks.

O

OC Kid

Well if your coming down for tournaments check out Bob Whites kempo karate in huntington beach 949 645 0337 ( I think thats his number hes in the book and is a icon around here) Check out Dave Brocks714 or 949, 374 9277, Jack Felton (#1 rated under 18 B/B on the circuit today) trains there and he has a lot of good fighters there.

I suggest checking out both . Bob has had rated fighter come out of his school for years and great M/A's as well so has Dave,

If your going to be in the San Diego area check out American kempo 619 283 6596 under Todd Mc ElHenney he been there for years and has great fighters come out of there too in fact Bob Whites and his school have been rivals at the LB Internationals for years and years also you can check out UKF under Chicken Gabriel anyone who has been around knows of this guy. he has fought all over the world inclduding full contact in Japan with Benny the Jet 619 231 4769 well I hope you check out some of these places..

If your in Orange County, I have my little back yard dojo and I teach at a rec center both kids classes your welcome to stop by there also. send me a PM if you want. Im leaving on vacation today 7/31 and will be back around 8/14 or 15 .

M

Mark Weiser

You could visit Vic LeRoux and Chuck Sullivan with the IKCA at the studio they own in Seal Beach CA. Contact Vic for the exact address. They teach Kenpo.

[email protected]

Sincerely,
Mark E. Weiser

Zepp

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The woods of Marin County, California, USA
LA is saturated with martial arts schools, good and bad. I don't know what's in Seal Beach, but I know that north of there you've got the Gracie Jiu-jitsu Academy in Torrance, Dog Brothers in Hermosa Beach (among other places), the list goes on.

If you're interested in some traditional Tae Kwon Do (not the fancy sport stuff), I recommend going to the Manhattan Beach/ Redondo area for a class with some WTA people.

This site's got their info:http://mysite.verizon.net/rod_preble/practice.html

X

XkempoX

One Dan Inosanto instructor I know from So. O.C. just opened a school in Seal Beach. Check out his website:

www.intmartialarts.com

smileJap.gif

Latest Discussions