Sayoc DVDs.

dearnis.com

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yes.
Short answer; there is a lot of material and you defiantely get your money's worth. If you train in the system they are must-have references. If you do not train in the system they give a good overview of the training methodology (Which in my opinion is a big part of what stes Sayoc Kali apart).

Chad

J

Joe Talmadge

Is the 3 of 9 video strictly a step-by-step breakdown of 3 of 9? Or is there other material of some sort? thanks, Joe

dearnis.com

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
well, yes and no. One of the biggest mistakes I see made by people with a passing knowledge of Sayoc Kali is learning the basic 3/9 right hand pattern and thinking they "know" it.
So when you you say step by step breakdown, well yes it. Of 3/9 right; 3/9 left; tapping, countering, true left, etc.
So the lesson involved takes a basic pattern and dissects it many different ways.
If you are familiar with the basic pattern the material will be easier to work; if you have not had a first hand introduction it will be much harder to pick up many of the nuances (as with any martial art seen strictly on video.)
Hope that clarifies.
Chad

[email protected]

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Great description Chad! I have answered many questions, regarding the 3 of 9 DVD, and most people assume that it is only a tapping drill. Only after they have trained for awhile, or with a certified Instructor do they realize the applications, that stem from this one drill.

Bob Burgee, did a great job in editing and presenting the material in a manner that anyone can learn some basic points about Sayoc Kali. I had some of the first copies and I still watch them!!

Gumagalang
Guro Steve L.

www.Bujinkandojo.net

Pacificshore

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I recently picked up a copy of the DVD, and found it to be very interesting. The concepts and formulas applied to knife fighting, and Tom Kier's demo............very scary to say the least. A very good and informative DVD of what Sayoc Kali is all about:asian: