Saying by instructors

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Everyone has a plan... Then they get punched in the face.---Mike Tyson

Punch a Ju Jitsu Black Belt in the face and he becomes a Brown belt. ... Twice and he becomes a Purple belt -- Carlson Gracie.

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Here are some from my past and present instructors:

Late Mst. Ron Rollins:
"There is only one type of student here, the best. The rest quit."
"Everyone starts at the bottom and everyone must work."

Sifu Arturo Gabriel Andersen:
"You step through those doors you give your soul to God because your *** is mine"
"I don't care what Samurai Sunday movie you watched, there ain't no such thing as an Asian face block" (This was usually said when sparring with him and he hits you in the head)
(When having us do our usual set of 100 leg lifts) "It's mind over matter. I don't mind because to me you don't matter"
"Who's tired" (Someone raises their hand) "Good get into front leaning rest position and rest you chest about an inch off the ground"

One of my fellow instructors who was wicked quick with his hands and a beast to spar with regardless of his size:
"I'm too old and too fat to go toe to toe with you so I'm just going to knock you out now and go eat a sandwich."

Sensei Sharkey:
(After some kid does something wrong and he corrects him and the kid says that is what he told him to do before) "Right, I have been doing this for 40 some odd years and I decided to only teach you the wrong way"

Some of my sayings:
"No dying on my time"
"It never hurts me to watch you do it again"

Last edited:

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
"I'm all for kicking the guy to the head. I just make sure his knees are on the ground first"

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
When I ask a student a question and they barely speak:
"You have to talk louder. I didn't get the option of mind reading with my black belt super powers. I chose the good looks and nice personality option instead."

If the hardest thing you are doing isn't being done here, you are not training hard enough.

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I was looking for a new definition for 'suck' and after watching that form, I think I found it.

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
when an asst. Instructor gives too much 411 to a student:
"even a thirsty man can't drink from a fire hose."

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
"I don't care what Samurai Sunday movie you watched, there ain't no such thing as an Asian face block" (This was usually said when sparring with him and he hits you in the head)

One of my fellow instructors who was wicked quick with his hands and a beast to spar with regardless of his size:
"I'm too old and too fat to go toe to toe with you so I'm just going to knock you out now and go eat a sandwich."

(After some kid does something wrong and he corrects him and the kid says that is what he told him to do before) "Right, I have been doing this for 40 some odd years and I decided to only teach you the wrong way"

Some of my sayings:
"No dying on my time"
"It never hurts me to watch you do it again"
I have just added new material to my repertoire!!

Some of my sayings:
"The strongest word in the English language is only three letters long. Listen to the difference:
I can't do that.
I can't do that yet."

"Everything you do, from side kicks to eating lunch, do it better than you did it the last time."

And SWMBO adds: "The three Ds of success: Desire, Dedication, Discipline!"

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
"We train hard so we can beat the bad guy win the girl and go home to sip tea out of pretty cup with our pinky up" - Mst./Dr. Glen Gavin...one heck of a TKD guy and dentist. :)

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Now that combo scares me....

My dentist is, likewise, one heck of a TKD guy and a dentist. It's amazing how good your dental hygiene is when your dentist can beat you in a fair fight (I don't even want to think about an unfair fight... he's also a retired Marine).

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
My dentist is, likewise, one heck of a TKD guy and a dentist. It's amazing how good your dental hygiene is when your dentist can beat you in a fair fight (I don't even want to think about an unfair fight... he's also a retired Marine).

Exactly....