San Soo in Phoenix

FranciscoNegron

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi, as some may already know, I currently practice judo (nikyu) and working towards shodan, but am interested in San Soo. To me, it looks like a to the point system. Does anyone know of anyone who may teach in the Phoenix area?

TaiChiTJ

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I sure do not. You might head over to karate mart on 15th ave and look at the bulletin board. They are good people.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I sure do not. You might head over to karate mart on 15th ave and look at the bulletin board. They are good people.
Does Randy still run that place? He's been there something close to 50 years! I used to buy stuff from him back in the 70s!

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Elder??? You posting again? Well, about time! Missed your insights.

marvin8

Brown Belt
Reaction score
In this episode, we travel to Seattle, Washington to get together with the former world female kickboxing champion, and San Soo kung fu, master Kathy The Punisher Long.

Not Just a kickboxer Kathy Long has a martial background that includes the martial arts disciplines of Aikido, San Soo Kung Fu, Brazilian jujitsu, Kali, and Wing Chun Kung Fu. Sifu Long is one of many pioneers that were influential in breaking the standard gender roles for good self protection and self-defense classes. Which at the time were typically taught by men. Sift Kathy Long, not only inspired, many female martial artists, but was also not afraid to discuss and demonstrate examples of pragmatic self-defense against men or more than one attacker.

Latest Discussions