San Miguel Eskrima Video Clip.

lhommedieu

Black Belt
Reaction score
Nice vid. The "Redondo" pattern that you see starting at 03:17 is a part of a form that I learned as "Balla Balla Redondo." This is a two-person form wherein the student practices various ways to circle around the opponent. There are four "redondos" (circles) in this form - and there is an introductory section and transitions between the circles. It's a great form because it teaches different aspects of timing, angling, and distancing within the context of a circular footwork.

Master St'James shows a variant of what I learned as the Second Circle; following is a version of the First Circle:

www.northshoreac.com/balla_balla_redondo.mp4

Note: you will need the latest copy of Quicktime to view this clip.

Best,

Steve Lamade

lhommedieu

Black Belt
Reaction score
Just a follow-up:

Following is clip of Master Panto Flores demonstrating another variation of Balla Balla Redondo; here the techniques are done on a half-circle rather than a full circle, and I suspect that what's shown is improvised to some degree.

Still the important aspects of using footwork to control angling, distancing and timing are shown to a fine degree here.

Best,

Steve Lamade

Last edited by a moderator:

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Master St'James shows a variant of what I learned as the Second Circle; following is a version of the First Circle:

www.northshoreac.com/balla_balla_redondo.mp4

I have that on DVD, it's outstanding, some of the only Escrima that my Silat teacher can't find something wrong with. I really love the espada e daga stuff with actual metal sword & dagger. Serious skills.

Awesome links.

lhommedieu

Black Belt
Reaction score
Oh yeah! That's the good stuff. Thank you!

(Those aren't coming down any time soon, are they?)

No, they're there to stay. Lots of good clips on YouTube re. SME, by the way, from other practitioners of the art. It's great to see that the style is getting the recognition it deserves.

Check out the video section of Master Panto's website for some more clips that didn't make it onto YouTube: www.filmocan.com

Best,

Steve

Latest Discussions