Saddam caught?!!!

L

lvwhitebir

Originally posted by michaeledward
Did you miss the point that IRAQ DOESN'T HAVE ANY GERM WEAPONS. Duh!
There are no weapons of mass destruction.
There was no clear and present danger.

Sure, and when CNN says this stuff, it's all a big lie... And don't get me started on Hans Blix or Richard Butler. They wanted the invasion... ;)

CNN 9/9/2002
Saddam's biological-weapons program was the deepest black hole. Despite more than 30 searches for various unconventional arms, inspectors did not even know of its existence until mid-1995, when Saddam's defecting son-in-law Hussein Kamal revealed that secret labs buried in Iraq's security, not military, apparatus were cooking up deadly germs. Iraq subsequently admitted it made batches of anthrax bacteria, carcinogenic aflatoxin, agricultural toxins and the paralyzing poison botulinum. Iraqi officials reported they had loaded 191 bombs, including 25 missile warheads, with the poisons for use in the Gulf War. They said they destroyed them after the conflict, but they presented no proof, and Western officials don't believe them.

CNN 3/14/2003
As much as 1,000 tons of VX are unaccounted for. Iraq also cannot account for as much as 2,245 gallons [8,500 liters] of anthrax.

CNN 2/17/2003
Hans Blix report to the UN
"To take an example, a document which Iraq provided suggested to us that some 1,000 tons of chemical agent were unaccounted for. "

CNN 10/30/1997
"The chemical and biological (weapons), there is no ambiguity," [chief weapons inspector Richard]Butler said. "They are able to produce those weapons."

Now, where's the proof that the US gave them biological and chemical weapons? I don't remember anything ever being said about that except as heresay.

WhiteBirch

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Nice try, slick.

First of all, "Weapons unaccounted for" and "weapons found" are 2 seperate things. Does CNN lie? When their sources of information lie, then yes, they lie too. Don't believe everything you hear.

From a 1994 Senate Report, here is a list of Chemical and Biological Agents our U.S. government allowed U.S. corporations to sell Saddam Hussien between 1985 and 1990:

Bacillus Anthracis; or as we commonly know as "Anthrax", and is fatal.

Clostridium Botulinum; A bacterial source of Botulinum toxins with lots of nasty effects on the human body, and is often fatel.

Histoplasma Capsulatum: Causes disease superficially resembling TB that may cause pnemonia, enlargement of liver and spleen, anemia, influenza like illness, and acute inflamitory skin disease. Reactivation of the infection involves lungs brain, and a host of other vitals.

Brucella Melitenis: Causes chronic fatigue and major damage to vital organs.

Clostridium Perfringens: Highly toxic, causes gas gangrene. Basically causes tissue damage and death.

Also, Escherichia Coli (Known commonly as "E. Coli"), genetic materials, and human and bacterial DNA were shipped to Iraq Attomic Energy Commission.

Records of Corporate sales to Iraq prior to 1985 were "unavialable". The Senate report also said, "These exported biological materials were not attenuated or weakened and were capable of reproduction."

Some of the companies who had "permission" by our government to send over these harmful materials during the Reagan/Bush Senior years are American Type Culture Collection, Alcolac International, Matrix Churchill Corp., Sullaire Corp., Pure Aire, and Gorman-Rupp. Other companies that sent over technoligies that were "Dual use" to be used for both defense and other are Hewlett Packard, AT&T, Bechtel, Caterpillar, DuPont, Kodak, and Hughes Helicopter. These "dual use" technologies were all approved by the department of Commerce from 85-90; 1.5 billion worth, ranging from chemical and biological components to computers and equipment for conventional and nuclear weapons systems.

Hmm...here's an interesting question. Why the heck would we do such a thing? For one, we certianly profited short term by suppling him with the stepping stones to chemical, biological, and nuclear weapons.

But that wasn't even a fraction of "WHY". We decided during the Iraq/Iran war that Iraq COULD NOT lose that war. So we did everything we "Legally" could ensure Saddam was victorieous, knowing full well that they were going to use chemical and biological agents to do so.

Saddam was given advice by Reagan, delivered by Bush I, to step up the air raid against Iran, according to Howard Teicher, member of the Security council, in a sworn affidavit in 1995. So, not only did "we" the U.S. provide these crazy WMD to Saddam, but our former presidents weren't afraid to get their hands dirty with them either.

So...did Saddam have WMD at one time? Sure...all GW Bush had to do was count the profits as they rolled in from his campaign backers to his account, and his dads and Reagans accounts in the past, and check the reciepts from those companies as well.

So...we KNOW he had them in the 80's, but they swore up and down that they didn't have them anymore. We swore up and down that we had undeniable proof that they were lying. So...who's lying now? The only proof we had was our reciepts from the 80's. If they had any left from over a dacade ago, we would have found them. We haven't found S**t.

Now, if yall think this is too appalling to believe any of this, just check the Senate report for yourself by Donald W. Riegle Jr., U.S. Senate, 103d Congess, 2d session, May 25, 1994. For the list of companies, check April 1998 Issue of "The Progressive" Cover story by William Blum, or LA Weekly's report in issue april25-may1 by Jim Crogan. You can also see the declassified report by the US General Accounting office, released Feb. 7, 1994 (published in 92) to find info on our exportation of "dual use" technologies. The New York Times and Washington Post both documented well the Iraq/Iran conflict, and Reagans commitment to ensure Iraqi victory. Also, for a history on U.S./Iraq search through "National Security Archive." Some of these are online at: http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/

Now...since I am on a rant, I might as well include this. If you want to find some information on Companies landing post-war reconstruction contracts worth hundreds of billions of dollars, and their financial contributions to George W. Bush and the Republican Party, Center for Responsive Politics, or this site:

http://www.opensecrets.org/news/rebuilding_iraq/index.asp

Sorry there wasn't more information in our "mainstream liberal media," But I find in funny that many of our main news sources don't focus on these FACTS. :shrug:

I included that last tidbit, you know, in case you were wondering why we REALLY went to war.

Weapons of Mass destruction....Republigga please....!:cool:

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I notice all the dates you post are prior to the invasion. The US Adminstration had proposed the primary reason for the planned invasion was Iraq's Weapons of Mass Destruction. It was difficult, but not impossible, to find reports that questioned the premise.

Secretary of State Colin Powell went before the United Nations and made statements, that he called facts, concerning what Iraq had at that time. The possession of these items was in violation of UN Resolution 1441, right ... which is why we went to war.

Secretary of State Powell didn't say that we think. He said:
My second purpose today is to provide you with additional information, to share with you what the United States knows about Iraq's weapons of mass destruction, as well as Iraq's involvement in terrorism, which is also the subject of Resolution 1441 and other earlier resolutions.
... every statement I make today is backed up by sources, solid sources. These are not assertions. What we are giving you are facts and conclusions based on solid intelligence.
...We know that Iraq has at least seven of these mobile, biological agent factories.
....There can be no doubt that Saddam Hussein has biological weapons and the capability to rapidly produce more, many more. And he has the ability to dispense these lethal poisons and diseases in ways that can cause massive death and destruction.
....I'm going to show you a small part of a chemical complex called "Al Musayyib", a site that Iraq has used for at least three years to transship chemical weapons from production facilities out to the field.

And yet ... we have not found any of these weapons. Hmmm?

Now ... about the assertion that the US supplied the weapons to Iraq ... You'll notice it was a question. Is it possible that Iraq developed the Chemical Weapons used during the IRAN-IRAQ war independantly, yes. But we know they purchased some know how from the French and from the Soviets in the late 70's. My earlier statement was incorrect, the Iraqis used Chemical & Biological weapons in the early 80's, not just in 1988. I stand by my assertion that in the 1980's we supported Iraq over Iran during their war. I also think that if the Chemical Weapons were provided to Iraq from France, it was with the US knowledge.

Read this link for more:
http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/iraq/cw/program.htm

thanks - Mike

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hey PAUL ...

Thanks ... I knew all that stuff was out there ... but I'm too busy with the Lord of the Rings today to go digging ....

I appreciate it ...

M

MisterMike

Just an FYI - now there is a British paper saying that the American Troops picked up Saddam only after he was drugged and left behind by Khurdish troops.

Saddam