Russian Women's Secret Weapon??

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Black Magic Women?
Russian women enjoy a whole range of esoteric weapons to change their lives. The irony is that the feeling of despair can lead them to many different places.
My friend Zhanna was going to get divorced. She said she had to do it because she could no longer stand the constant fights with her unfaithful husband, even though she loved him and was dreaming of spending the rest of her life in his company.
One of her husband's colleagues was fighting for the same thing from him, so the details of the conflict were as clear as the ending of the story predictable (especially since my friend's husband completely lacked any willpower).
The divorce was inevitable. First, Zhanna was crying on everybody's shoulders and then she practically disappeared for about four weeks. Nobody wanted to bother her during this great crisis and depression (in fact, everybody at this time was fed up with her suffering), so nobody knew anything about her condition during that period of time
more of the story here http://mnweekly.ru/columnists/20080313/55316377.html
<snip>"Did you?" But she interrupted before I could even finish my sentence.
"Yes. I cast a spell on him."
Of course I've always known you could type "bewitch a man" into any search engine and find a variety of books with tempting titles like, "How to Bewitch Him For Your Whole Life" and etc. But I never really believed that it could work.
Well I guess once word gets out... we're screwed!

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
If this were true, Vladimir Putin would be in a French Maid outfit vacuuming the Kremlin while his wife was putin' on the Ritz.

Kingindian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
If this were true, Vladimir Putin would be in a French Maid outfit vacuuming the Kremlin while his wife was putin' on the Ritz.

but in my country black magic is common especially in village area

Kingindian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
hmm i dont know
in Dayak's Area ( Kalimantan/Borneo)
their magic power is so strong...when riot comes up there
even police is afraid about it...
it was a horrible situation at that time
(you may search it at google, about Dayak peoples who slain Madura peoples in Borneo)

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
hmm i dont know
in Dayak's Area ( Kalimantan/Borneo)
their magic power is so strong...when riot comes up there
even police is afraid about it...
it was a horrible situation at that time
(you may search it at google, about Dayak peoples who slain Madura peoples in Borneo)
I believe that, to a huge extent, magic is only as effective as the belief that those on the recieving end hold for it. Many folks in different cultures do not put much faith in voodoo, black magic, necromancy or anything of the sort, therefore, these things don't hold much power for them. They DO, however, have a great deal of faith in Christianity, Islam, or Judaism and will pray fervently for many things. When a result pops for them it is attributed to those powers to which they prayed... very much like voodoo, black magic, necromancy et al. Same with astrology and numerology. It's a very personal thing and the only thing that gives it power over an individual is the power that that individual grants it.

I identify myself as a Christian. I also attempt to view everything in my life through the lens of others before reacting to it. As such I can certainly see the parallels between the different magics and different religions of the world.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe that, to a huge extent, magic is only as effective as the belief that those on the recieving end hold for it. Many folks in different cultures do not put much faith in voodoo, black magic, necromancy or anything of the sort, therefore, these things don't hold much power for them. They DO, however, have a great deal of faith in Christianity, Islam, or Judaism and will pray fervently for many things. When a result pops for them it is attributed to those powers to which they prayed... very much like voodoo, black magic, necromancy et al. Same with astrology and numerology. It's a very personal thing and the only thing that gives it power over an individual is the power that that individual grants it.

I identify myself as a Christian. I also attempt to view everything in my life through the lens of others before reacting to it. As such I can certainly see the parallels between the different magics and different religions of the world.

Jeff, you and I are on the same page here. (scary)

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score

This is sounding a lot like one of the Dillman threads.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Light-hearted bit first ... I agree with Caver I'll take Susan Sarandon, Michelle Pfeiffer and Cher over the competing trio anyday :D.

On the more serious side, I concur with Letch that the 'dark arts' are really amplified versions of the power of suggestion and may indeed evidence effects on those that 'believe' which magic-atheists will be unaffected by. Crushing reinforced this with his one-liner.

This is not to say that there are things we cannot explain or easily detect by technological means that the human mind can create or feel on a regular basis. I have enough experiences just from my brief life that I will not rule out the possibility that there is something 'else' to existence than what we normally sense. It may well be self-delusion but it may also be something else (even just an extreme sensitivity to EM fields perhaps?).

For me, diverging, as is my wont, from the OP a bit, there is a distinct difference between 'spells' and other so-termed psychic phenomena. The former is pretty much as Letch covered, in my opinion at least. Detection of 'prescences' or 'fortelling' is a different kettle of fish.

Mind you, given that I have 'premonitionary dreams', sense prescences (I hesitate to call them 'spirits') and have been dubbed a 'psychic amplifier', my opinions on this field might be a bit suspect ... particularly as I'm a hard-line agnostic at the same time :lol:.

Kingindian

Blue Belt
Reaction score

im also Christian, and im not at that place when the riot happened..but to believe it or not...its a horrible situation and about Dayak's that using magic...(well almost all of the witness said it)

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
im also Christian, and im not at that place when the riot happened..but to believe it or not...its a horrible situation and about Dayak's that using magic...(well almost all of the witness said it)
As I understand from what little reading I've done on the situation there the Dayaks have a tradition of headhunting. The Dayak are, by all accounts, a very calm and docile people. Before headhunting is performed there are certain rituals that must be performed to stir up a fervor for the hunt. I can well believe that the trauma of seeing folks beheaded would be enough to unnerve even the hardest policeman. Horrible situation there. I have an idea running through my head for a comparison post regarding varying magics but don't have time to properly formulate it as I'm on my way out the door to class. I'll get it together in my head and post it this afternoon.

Kingindian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
yep that what i mean horrible...the headhunting...
i feel sick till now if i remember the photos about it.
headhunting in their languange is ayau (mengayau)

Latest Discussions