Roy Jones Jr...will he defend?

Will Roy Jones Jr defend his title?

• Yes!

• No!

• What the heck are you talking about? I'm a fencer for gawd's sake!

Results are only viewable after voting.
G

GouRonin

Will Roy Jones Jr Defend his WBO heavyweight title?

Yes or no?

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I voted fencer, though I'm not one actually. I always thought it'd be cool though and I do have a few books on it that I hope to work through some day.

The boxing-type moves are the hardest part of JKD for me.

OP
G

GouRonin

I can see RJJ doing it if the money is there. I'd like to see him go against Bryd. But there are rumours he'll talk about a fight with Holyfield. (Also an ex-LHW) After the fight I saw with Bryd, (Another ex-LHW) I think RJJ could pull this off too.

OP
K

Kroy

He's gotta fight Lewis if he really wants to be considered the champ, so yes I think he will fight. :boxing: Personally I dont think he can beat Lewis, it would be a good fight, regardless.

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kroy
He's gotta fight Lewis if he really wants to be considered the champ, so yes I think he will fight. :boxing: Personally I dont think he can beat Lewis, it would be a good fight, regardless.

No Sir. Just think this one out. Money has a big role in this of course, but, RJJ and his handlers are smart enough to understand that this is a Lose, Lose Situation. Currently Roy Jones Jr. is the best pound for pound boxer around. Why tarnish the image? :boxing:

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
RJJ would have a better chance with Chris Byrd...:asian:

Attachments

• $byrd boxing.jpg
    $byrd boxing.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 134
OP
K

Kroy

Ahh, but then he is gonna have to listen to the critics, who will say that he was just a paper "heavy" weight champ and that he should have stuck to the light heavy division. I think foolish pride will kick in (along with the right dollar amount)

OP
K

Kroy

To quote Rick Flare "In order to be the man, you gotta beat the man" WOOOOOOOOOOOO

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kroy
To quote Rick Flare "In order to be the man, you gotta beat the man" WOOOOOOOOOOOO

But what if that man can completely kick your ***, and dominate you? What about protecting your image?
Oh yeah, by the way, I'm responding to ya from L.A., ya know close to Hollywood, Southern Cali... :confused:

;) :D

OP
K

Kroy

Protecting your image simply means run and hide, he can do that if he wants but he'll never be the man. Johnson just signed a deal to fight Lewis, any predictions? I say Johnson will be kissing the canvas by the 4th round.:boxing:

OP
B

Box Out 2003

Originally posted by GouRonin
I'd like to see him go against Bryd. After the fight I saw with Bryd, (Another ex-LHW) I think RJJ could pull this off too.

i think a roy jones jr fight against chris byrd would be great to see. the problem is that these heavy weight guys are almost no longer heavyweight. the talk of a super heavy weight division is the way to go.

i will meet you tonight at that girls house for the fight. you better bring lots of beer too! i am going to go out on a limb and call it a decision but i am not sure in whos favor.

Latest Discussions