Role of Women Instructors in SD

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Taiji fan

HOW COULD YOU LIVE WITH YOURSELVES AFTER BEIGN BEATEN BY A WOMAN, THAT'S LIKE BEIGN BEATEN BY A CHILD
well I guess if you were an arrogant egotisticall prat...that would really hurt:D

NOT FIGHTERS I DONT CARE ABOUT POLITICAL CORRECTNESS THEY ARE NOT FIGHTERS! PLAIN AND SIMPLE
big underestimation! When a woman needs to fight....she will fight and woe betide anyone who gets in the way.

i think if you get beaten by a woman its time to change professions the MA game isnt for you!
sounds like your 17 years has taught you little. Your captain caveman attitude is laughable......I get the feeling you are secretly afraid that you masculinity would be in doubt if you were beaten by a woman......there sounds like there could be a good lesson there for you....try it, you might actually like it. What image do you have when someone says the word 'woman'? a little girl, dressed in pink, with pig tails needing you to be the big strong man to protect her....? More and more women are training as fighters you have just dismissed the entire gender with your outdated statements. I imagine there are many women who would not be your equal in a fight, but I am sure that there are just as many who would be......but then if you wouldn't hit a woman anyway you are not going to get very far anyway.......:D you have to fight with your brain......not your ego

Yari

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Taiji fan
you have to fight with your brain......not your ego

I agree totally.

To moromoro, dont put people down on gender. It has nothing to do with politicle correctness, it has to do with respect towards others.

But I may be misunderstanding you, but then explain, but please refrein from using capitals (which is like shouting on the panel...).

/Yari

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My buddy at work had a front row seat as a tiny woman (at or just under 5' and definitely under 100lbs) got in a fight with her date and punched out the rear windshield of his car with her bare hand with a single blow.

Size doesn't matter as much as many people believe.

Cthulhu

J

jeffkyle

Originally posted by Cthulhu
My buddy at work had a front row seat as a tiny woman (at or just under 5' and definitely under 100lbs) got in a fight with her date and punched out the rear windshield of his car with her bare hand with a single blow.

Size doesn't matter as much as many people believe.

Cthulhu

That is pretty cool! I had a male friend that was about 5'9" and weighed about 140 and HE couldn't even punch out a side window of a car. :confused:
Remind me to stay away from that woman. :D

F

fist of fury

Originally posted by moromoro
hi rich

well do you think that theres a woman out there that can beat you?????????

i dont think so

thanks

terry

Then by that logic why should a woman take SD if she can't beat a man.

pesilat

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I JUST KNOW THAT WOMEN CANNOT BEAT TRAINED AND SEASONED FIGHTERS

Why not? There are women who are trained and seasoned fighters, too. And fighting isn't all about size/strength/bone structure/testosterone. If it were, then the bigger, stronger, more "masculine" fighter would always win.

By that logic, you would have no chance against someone who is 6' 5", 300 lbs., and a steroid junky. That's no different than a 5'5" 150 lbs. woman facing you.

So if you were faced with a guy like I described, would you have a chance?

Mike

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Its funny... the "A girl cant beat a guy" thing...

My GF is this little thing...she was at work once and one of her rather dim witted coworkers tried that line....

He was a bit more respectful (sadly not much) after she showed him the error of his thought pattern.

He was a full foor and a half taller and outweighted her by 20+ pounds.

I've seen some women in the competition circuits who could give a guy a good challenge. Also recall a gal from the 40's who went old-school wrestling style against men, and had a decent win/loss record. Mildred something or other I think her name was...

Let us also not forget the fact that Husband abuse and rape of men by females do exist, and in larger #'s than we are aware of.

The "Girls cant beat boys" stuff went out last century. I think its time the world learned to walk upright myself.

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You go Tess!

I just have to chime in.

I am sure I can find a female professional boxer here in Austin, Texas who could wipe him out.

When I signed up there was a girl in my class who could out spar anyone. I've told that story before but everyone knew she would throw a ridgehand to the back of your head if you sparred her, but everyone still got hit just the same.

This was a beginnig class of course.

And I'm sure Dr. Chapel has a girl who could beat moromoro as well.

As far as "I just know..." goes. I think this is what Science is for. The underlying principle of all Sciene is "If P then therefore probably Q." This means that no scientist will ever tell you that anything is "for certain" because there are so many variables that even the same thing may not happen the same way under the same conditions.

Aristarchus of Samnos knew the circumference of the spherical Earth back in 300BC, but Columbus "didn't know this" 1100 years later and nearly starved to death. So be careful what you "know" because someone may know something that is more accurate.

I think Mr. Parker himself showed several people the error of their thinking during seminars. Most often right after hearing them say something similar to "I know that won't work."
:eek:

OP
M

moromoro

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
brisbane australia, zamboanga philippines, sorsogo
:eek: bla bla bla

i see alot of you are getting upset with my stance but it is a true stance..

1. is there any female GM's out there, no idont think so

2. why dont they allow females to fight males in a boxing match (do you know a female boxer who could last 12 rounds with mike, tua or lewis)

3. why dont they allow women to fight men in MMA pride or UFC?

4. science also has stated that a woman could not beat a male,

now these are the facts

By that logic, you would have no chance against someone who is 6' 5", 300 lbs., and a steroid junky. That's no different than a 5'5" 150 lbs. woman facing you.

you misunderstand, fighting is not all about size it is about skill, size and speed help, speed more so than size.

but iam talking about women here women fighters those two words dont belong in the same sentence..........

ALSO SHOW US PROOF THAT A WOMAN HAS BEATEN A SKILLED FIGHTER......you see you guys cant back it up,

WAKE UP I DONT MEAN TO HURT YOUR FELLINGS WOMEN SHOULD NOT FIGHT, yes they should learn self defence to protect themselves but against someone with skill they have little chance...............

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
:eek: bla bla bla

i see alot of you are getting upset with my stance but it is a true stance..

1. is there any female GM's out there, no idont think so?

Female TKD Grandmaster
http://www.jsw.com/instructors/gm_bio.html

The Queen of Filipino Martial Arts
http://tuhonruby.tripod.com/

:WAKE UP I DONT MEAN TO HURT YOUR FELLINGS WOMEN SHOULD NOT FIGHT, yes they should learn self defence to protect themselves but against someone with skill they have little chance...............

I think that maybe the hypothetical "perfect male" should be able to defeat the hypothetical "perfect female" easily, but this is not what you said. In the real world, for every male fighter, there is probably a female who could beat them. But there are more professional male fighters than female fighters and I do agree that men have an inherent advantage over women. Generally speaking. There are many cultural reasons you don't see more women fighters and Grandmasters I'm sure.

I have found an article here where in 1992 Bill Wallace said much of what you have said here but went to apologize in person to Kathy Long. I'm just guessing, but I bet Mr. Wallace has more fight experience than you do. The article to look for is titled
Kathy Long 1992 Black Belt Magazine Full Contact Fighter
http://www.ikfkickboxing.com/ProfileKathyLong.htm

You can even email her directly from there. Tell us if she is afraid to fight you. If I'm coming off a bit harsh, it is only in response to the viciousness of your assertions. I am trying to be respectful, but I am truly diametrically opposed to your assertions and even most of your logic. God bless America where we can have a civil disagreement.
:asian:

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This thread is now locked. The thread can only continue to worsen due to the sensitive nature of the subject and lack of ability for some to see other points of view.

Cthulhu
-MT Admin.-

Status
Not open for further replies.