Robert Lynn Asprin

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yang the Nauseating, modernly known as Robert Lynn Asprin, was a well-known science fiction and fantasy author. In the SCA, he was one of the early members and was the founder of the Great Dark Horde. Asprin, born in 1946, died peacefully on May 22 at his home.

Robert Asprin was the author or co-author of the MythAdventures and Phule's Company series of SF/fantasy novels, and was the editor of the Thieves' World series.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The Myth books were great, and I read the Thieves' World series so often as a kid that my copies fell apart.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Read all his stuff...tried reading it again recently but found that stuff I thought was GREAT as a kid didnt "do it for me" as an adult any longer. It was a strange/sad/educational experience.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
RIP

I read alot of the Myth series and loved his Phule series as well.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
One of my favorite authors... he shall be missed. :asian:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yang the Nauseating, modernly known as Robert Lynn Asprin, was a well-known science fiction and fantasy author. In the SCA, he was one of the early members and was the founder of the Great Dark Horde. Asprin, born in 1946, died peacefully on May 22 at his home.

Robert Asprin was the author or co-author of the MythAdventures and Phule's Company series of SF/fantasy novels, and was the editor of the Thieves' World series.

I met the man at his house. He was a very nice man. He was even trying to help me out with being a guest at local convention.

I enjoyed his works and re-read them all the time.

My warmest regards goes out to his family, friends, and fans.

All I can say is Thank you Robert for sharing with us.

Latest Discussions