Ring Of Fire - Silat Serak

Franc0

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Just attended the Ring Of Fire gathering here in Vegas this past weekend, and it was great. Pak Victor DeThouars and Guru Dan Inosanto were excellent, as well as Guru Horacio's part. I don't have the time to go over everything that was covered, which was alot, but I especially enjoyed the stickwork that Guru Dan showed. The man is a virtual encyclopedia of martial knowledge that impresses me beyond words. And to think, the man is 69 years young, and moves like a cat. I can only hope to be half as good as him when I'm that age, if I make it to that age. :asian:

Franco

SilatFan

Green Belt
Reaction score
masterfinger said:
I don't have the time to go over everything that was covered, which was alot, Franco
Give us a break down whe you can.

Peace

OP
Franc0

Franc0

Purple Belt
Reaction score
OK, here's somewhat of a breakdown from what I can remember.
1st we warmed up with Latihan Tiga, the 7 Serak strikes and Jurus 1 through 6. Then Pembatu Guru Bernie Langan gave a session on Bagua and the applications that are similar to Serak. Mas Ronald Katuuk gave a Cimande demo, and Coach Eddie Martin gave a demo on Capoeira Angola. Pak Vic then did a session on dealing with knife attacks utilizing Serak & ODF (Offensive Defensive Force).
After lunch, Guru Dan Insosanto gave an extensive session on double stick & single stick Lacoste Kali, working the 4 zone defenses, and of course unarmed moves utilizing Serak & Maphilindo Silat. Pembatu Guru Tim Lucas gave a demo of Anjung Sekurum Empat Serak. Next Guru Horacio Rodriquez gave a long and excellent session covering Serak Langhka Limah applications, then went into Soempat. Throughout the day Pak Victor would step in and give inflections of what we were working on. Later that night we had a banquet with certificates being handed out. Overall it was a major load of information covered. Even though I ended up spending alot of the time helping some of the less experienced ones, I really had a great time and expanded on some good knowledge.

Franco

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Franco,

Wow, that sounds great! Wish I could have attended! Dan has
always moved great and I bet that he will as long as he lives. You
are absolutely right he is a walking encyclopedia and the best thing
about him is that he is happy to share everything that he has learned!
Sounds like you had fun! Let us know when the next one is!

Brian R. VanCise

Latest Discussions