Riding dressage no hands

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Some video of my friend and coach Elaine with her Medium horse Earl Grey. Notice there is No bridle!!!! This is why we sit on the longe line with no reins or irons for hours ( every week forever) doing transitions. You end up with great inner thighs, core and back muscles.

By the way, she and I are the same size and weight(close) and ride the same as we both learned from the same masters. (And we both sit too far behind the vertical when applying driving aids.) She is a better technician, I am better at getting the real psychos to try hard to please me, or at least not try to kill me. (Hmmmmm, just like men.)

lori

Last edited by a moderator:

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Beautiful! Very well done! :asian:

I can never sit a trot like that either. *sigh*

For those who don't know horses, or aren't familiar with Dressage, that is an incredible amount of training on both the rider and the horse's part. It's all leg and it's not easy. The horse appears to move effortlessly but the rider is working their butt off with cues. Not to mention getting the head carriage without a bit/bridle. Kudos. :)

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This is the style of riding that my wife does....It is ridiculously hard WITH a bridle....It depends a lot on the contact of the bit and horse's mouth.

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
huh, i've never even seen this kind of riding before. mom used to be a barrel racer in the rodeo, i guess this is a little different! pretty cool.

jf

Latest Discussions