Reliable way to sell

C

Cog

Unfortunately, I need to sell off a good chunk of my arsenal. I've always been a buyer of firearms, not a seller. I've tried selling by consignment once before, that didn't work out so well. I like the idea of Internet sales, Gunbroker.com seems like a good site. If anyone has any feedback on that site, others, or best practices in general, I'd be most appreciative.

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
There are always gun shows in different parts of the country. Try getting a booth? I've also known alot of people to walk around the show with their own guns, selling them to dealers. I'm sure message boards like this have people who would be interested in a new gun (myself included). I don't have any experience dealing with web sales, to be honest. If your collection is large enough, have you considered creating a small web site w/ your inventory an asking prices?

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've never dealt with gunbroker but I've heard good things from several people that have. Gunshows or maybe ads in your local paper also work well.

If you get a chance, shoot me a PM with what you are selling, prices, etc. I might even be interested in something you have.

modarnis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
gunsamerica.com is an ebay style site as well. Allows photo posting and name address confidentiality until the transaction phase

OP
C

Cog

I'm only selling about half my collection, a friend is purchasing a few pieces, which leaves me with four to go. So it's not really worth my while to open a booth at show. I'm glad to hear gunbroker has some good feedback, that seems like a nice way of doing business. Kenpotex, I'll shoot you a pm of what I'm letting go.

The transaction phase is what I'm most concerned about; how can I be sure to get paid? Gunbroker's system seems to favor the seller, so I like that.

OP
K

kenpochad

I have been looking into a glock for my ccw of you have any let me know

OP
C

Cog

To save some guesswork, here's the list without descriptions. They're mostly older. If you want more info or pictures, PM me:

WW2 1911a1 .45 in very good condition (90%+), Ithaca manufacture.
M1 Carbine, also WW2 era, good condition.
Remington BDL 30.06 with scope, left hand bolt, very good condition
Marlin 39A .22 lever action, collector's piece, fair condition
H&R .22 revolver, 6-inch bull barrel, very good condition.

I'll probably post them on Gunbroker over the weekend, and report back as to how that sale process goes.

Thanks for all the advice. : )

Latest Discussions