Relax, it's Wednesday.

Paul_D

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The day you are least likely to have to attend a Hospital Emergency Department in England & Wales to receive treatment for injury resulting from violent crime.

Capture.png

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
that's interesting, there seems a good chance that the spike ay weekend in alcohol related and there is the obvious lower rate for females.
so a drinking males seem at least 5 times more likely to end up hurt that a non drinking females in any given week
and a drinking male at least twice as likely to be hurt as a tea totaler. Which mean that attending alcohol counselling is more effective that martial arts

but then its statically safer for a driver to drive drunk than to walk home drunk

Last edited:
OP
P

Paul_D

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
that's interesting, there seems a good chance that the spike ay weekend in alcohol related and there is the obvious lower rate for females.
so a drinking males seem at least 5 times more likely to end up hurt that a non drinking females in any given week
and a drinking male at least twice as likely to be hurt as a tea totaler. Which mean that attending alcohol counselling is more effective that martial arts
Yes, it 's completely alcohol related. Statistically:-

you are most likely to be the victim of a violent crime if you are:-
Male
18-30 years old
Single

You are most likely to be attacked in or around somewhere that serves alcohol

And you are most likely to be attacked after Midnight on Saturday, and the likely hood increase with every hour past midnight you get.

And the injury you are most likely to receive is bruising.

Interesting to know if you are interested in SD, as yo nee to know who and what you are most likely to be the victim of. So if you are a young male, it's safer to get yourself a girlfriend, go to the cinema or a restaurant, go home at midnight :)

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes, it 's completely alcohol related. Statistically:-

you are most likely to be the victim of a violent crime if you are:-
Male
18-30 years old
Single

You are most likely to be attacked in or around somewhere that serves alcohol

And you are most likely to be attacked after Midnight on Saturday, and the likely hood increase with every hour past midnight you get.

And the injury you are most likely to receive is bruising.

Interesting to know if you are interested in SD, as yo nee to know who and what you are most likely to be the victim of. So if you are a young male, it's safer to get yourself a girlfriend, go to the cinema or a restaurant, go home at midnight :)
when I was a young male most of my fighters involved me being out with a girl and someone else either trying to cop off with her. So I think statistically an ugly girl friend is safer.

JP3

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The day you are least likely to have to attend a Hospital Emergency Department in England & Wales to receive treatment for injury resulting from violent crime.

Capture.png
However, I am equally likely today as any other day to have to fight off a horde of ninja turtles from Philidelphia.

Midnight-shadow

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score

but then its statically safer for a driver to drive drunk than to walk home drunk

Correlation doesn't equal causation. Remember that the weekend is when a lot of people (particularly those in desk jobs) do their extra-curriculum activities, which are usually carry more risk than your desk job. I know a lot of people in desk jobs who play football (soccer) or rugby at the weekends, where you are much more likely to get injured than sitting behind a desk. No alcohol involved at all.

Now, in the case of the OP's graph, violent crime doesn't have to involve alcohol, or at least you don't need to be drinking to get injured.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
However, I am equally likely today as any other day to have to fight off a horde of ninja turtles from Philidelphia.
there are only 4 ninja turtles dude,, unless you count spike/ slash. i think you mean a horde of the foot clan or maybe the krang.
but yeah those guys can attack at anytime....but im ready.

(disclaimer: i only know everything about ninja turtles due to my 7 year old)

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score

Capture.png
Nuh uh. No way.

The second you let your guard down, that's when they getcha.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Correlation doesn't equal causation. Remember that the weekend is when a lot of people (particularly those in desk jobs) do their extra-curriculum activities, which are usually carry more risk than your desk job. I know a lot of people in desk jobs who play football (soccer) or rugby at the weekends, where you are much more likely to get injured than sitting behind a desk. No alcohol involved at all.

Now, in the case of the OP's graph, violent crime doesn't have to involve alcohol, or at least you don't need to be drinking to get injured.
its a bout injuries from violence, not sporting injuries. Sporting injuries are uncommon at two in the mor

its about violence injuries not sporting injuries. Any way the number of sporting injuries sustained late Saturday night, early Sunday Moring are going to be quite low, I would imagine.

no you don't have to be,drunk to be attacked. It just seems that most people who are attacked are drunk, or at the very least in or around a drinking venue at the time.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Capture.png
I'm fairly certain my chances of going to hospital in England or Wales is no lower on Wednesday than on Sunday. :p

OP
P

Paul_D

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm fairly certain my chances of going to hospital in England or Wales is no lower on Wednesday than on Sunday. :p
True ;-) But I imagine a similar pattern would emerge if you studied the crime statsitcs in your area?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True ;-) But I imagine a similar pattern would emerge if you studied the crime statsitcs in your area?
Almost certainly. In fact, I think I've seen a similar statement about the rise to and past midnight on Saturday.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
casualty depts are a lot lot quieter on a,weds than a,sat night.

Not around our way, Wednesday afternoon is sports afternoon for the military. With so many camps around us you are better not going to casualty on Wednesday nights especially in winter, rugby season, those big Fijians scythe down the opposition like a farmer cutting grass for hay. Then there's mixed hockey, lethal game, arming women with sticks to hit men with is always going to be fun. Football actually seems to be the worst for injuries, worse than martial arts for sure even more injuries than an MMA comp. Afterwards of course it's off to the bar then out to the nightclub so more fights, Wednesdays and Thursday are going out nights, they all go home or are away at weekends, it's our quietest time. :D

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not for me I have a 2 hour jiu jitsu open mat and a Muay Thai sparring class on Wednesdays....I'm more likely to go to hospital on Wednesday than other days lol

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not for me I have a 2 hour jiu jitsu open mat and a Muay Thai sparring class on Wednesdays....I'm more likely to go to hospital on Wednesday than other days lol
"Injury resulting from a violent crime"...I really don't want to go to your dojo.

Latest Discussions