Related to the cultural thread: Bodycount

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am currently working on the bathroom, since I promised my wife that it would be finished this year :). I usually put on music when I do physical labor so that I can sing along when noone is in earshot.

I took a couple of cd's from my collection and put them in the player. One of them happened to be 'Bodycount'. The original recording with 'cop killer' as the final song. Some of you still remember that song, since there was a lot of noise about it. Sale of the album was banned in Belgium, causing it (of course) to become even more popular among us teens. I persoannly really hate the 'gansta rap' thing, but since this cd had a lot of good guitar work, and was sung instead of rapped, it was good enough that I bought it.

The music is ok and if there had't been an uproar, it would never have become as popular as it did. Otoh, the song followed the rodney king incident, and I can imagine that at a time like that, in LA, the tensions were already running high enough that a song like 'cop killer' made people very uncomfortable.

As I was listening, it made me wonder: what do LEOs think of this song in particular, and perhaps similar music?

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not much...

And Tracy Marrow is scum. I think it's disgusting that he's making insane money portraying a police officer after all his crap... Though it does truly show what matters to him. Green. As in money.

OP
Bruno@MT

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not much...

And Tracy Marrow is scum. I think it's disgusting that he's making insane money portraying a police officer after all his crap... Though it does truly show what matters to him. Green. As in money.

I read sometime ago that he is now very happy with the police being around, now that he is living in a rich neighborhood, in a big house with lots of expensive stuff. He admitted he was being a hypocrite compared to 15 years ago.

Latest Discussions