Redman Suit

Q

Quick Sand

Hey guys,

Have any of you guys ever had the chance to use one of these suits? It's a lot of fun. My instructor (The black belt in the picture.) works in the correctional system. He got permission to borrow the suit from work and one of his collegues wore it. He came to our class twice and this picture was taken the second time. They use the suit for baton and aspe training so it can take quite a beating. It's a good experience for us because we can use full force contact without worrying about hurting him and you pretty much have to use full force to have any effect. The only rule was no full force blows to the head because it could hurt his neck. We each had a turn sparring him.

He wasn't holding much back either, as soon as my instructor gave the signal to start he came at me with a strike that was hard enough it knocked my completely back on my butt on the floor.

In case you're wondering I'm the green belt with my back to the camera. :D

Attachments

• $redman.jpg
    $redman.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 167

DAC..florida

Purple Belt
Reaction score
When I was in my academy we used the redman for differant scenarios, it is loads of fun and great full contact training.

:ak47:

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
... also has a suit that may be a bit more durable than the Redman gear. I had an opponent for 3rd Black in a FIST gear suit, it was murder having to go full contact for an extended period of time. I had to do my techniques on him full contact. Only bad thing was the opponent was so protected, and the nature of the suit itself limited range of motion, that it was difficult if not impossible to get appropriate reactions to the strikes.

But nothing like it for SPEAR or any of the other limited self-defense models.

-Michael

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
yeah...that's the advantage of the High Gear. total range of motion and extremely light...7-8 pounds i think.

the person being attacked with the suit on can feel the shots...even a bit of pain...but it doesn't really hurt them.

never seen the FIST gear suit. got any links for it?

OP
A

A.R.K.

I've been very fortunate to wear all three. They all have pros and cons. The FIST and Redman are kinda bulky and HOT!!! :D But afford alot of protection. Not as flexible as one might like though. Tony's suit is great for manuverability. I was talking with him about it last year, it cost quite a bit of money in actually designing and redesigning the various parts of the suit. Good stuff.

All in all I would chose the High Gear. But Tony's a friend so I'm biased ;)

Latest Discussions