Red belt promotion

OP
Greg King

Greg King

Green Belt
Reaction score
:)
tkd_jen said:
Thanks everyone, I didn't mean to sneak in on this thread Greg, sorry!
Sneak away.i don't mind .its always great news when someone advances in what they love:) ....as far as the next step it is just for my sons red belt to clarify i little bit.he has to make up his own weapons form for black belt and learn two other forms on top of that. i've never been to a black belt test but we were invited to come next month so my son can see what is expected of him.it will be about a year before he will be invited to move on though.He was told that black belt is where his art really begins .his next forms are Sa Rang and KaChi.He should know within a week or two if he passed his red test,i'll let all know as soon as i find out :)

OP
Greg King

Greg King

Green Belt
Reaction score
Miles said:
Congratulations (am assuming, like Lisa, everyone passed)!

Now what do you get to learn for your new rank?

What did you have to do for your (respective) tests?

Miles

As for what he had to do for the red test.Since KyuKi-Do is a mixed martial art and red is a senior belt there were several ground escapes ,chokes ,and grabs he needed to do as well as throws and joint locks also had to three step spar with the black belts.

OP
Greg King

Greg King

Green Belt
Reaction score
WE now have a red belt in the family .my son Paul finally got his belt tonight ,also was able to bow out the class tonight.one more to go for black!!!!!!:partyon:

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
EXCELLENT!

Way to go! Send my congratulations to him for me!

:partyon:

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
*Pumps fist in victory Tiger Woods-style* Yes! Congrats to Paul! That is no easy test there under GM Kim. Nice job!
:partyon:

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congrats are in order, first to Jen, next to the mom and son combo. How did your son do? If he put his best foot forward then I am sure he did great.

Latest Discussions