Reading threads in text only mode

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Is there a way to read threads on MartialTalk in text only mode (not in html web version)? I looked for a menu how to switch between these modes but cannot find this. There are times when text version would be appreciated. Just wondering....

- Ceicei

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't know how to get a text only mode (or even if it's possible) but you can cut the clutter to make the pages load faster (very important for dial-up) by going to:

User CP

In the menus at the left, chose "User Options"

Third blue box down in the center display (not the menus this time), "Thread Display Options" - uncheck all 3 boxes

You have the option to show or hide various elements of messages, which may be of use to users on slow internet connections, or who want to remove extraneous clutter from posts.
Show Signatures
Show Avatars
Show Images (including attached images and images in code)[/QUOTE]

This should speed up page reloading.

OP
Ceicei

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If all you want to do is read a trimmed down version you could go through the archives: http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/archive/index.php/

text only wouldn't work too well as there would be no links ;)

Ah, thank you! That was exactly what I was looking for, but had trouble finding this. When I checked on the last page, it showed the current threads... so apparently if I ever need to go text-based version, I'll have to check the last page.

- Ceicei

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ah, thank you! That was exactly what I was looking for, but had trouble finding this. When I checked on the last page, it showed the current threads... so apparently if I ever need to go text-based version, I'll have to check the last page.

- Ceicei

It has a "PDA" button in the top right that flips the order around so that new stuff appears first rather then last as well :)

OP
Ceicei

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It has a "PDA" button in the top right that flips the order around so that new stuff appears first rather then last as well :)

Ah, another useful tip! You're a walking information manual! Thank you.

- Ceicei

Latest Discussions