Rare Keinosuke Enoeda Tape Clip

OP
Jason Striker II

Jason Striker II

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Sorry, guys! I didn't post the link this morning when I found it - and now am looking...

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
He's probably talking about this video:

[yt]RV619nWyNbg[/yt]

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
OK, I'll show my ignorance (again). What's with the bunny hops at the end? Seems like a nice kata otherwise. Are they just to make the kata end at the beginning point, or is there some esoteric hidden application for them? No disrespect to the Shotokan guys, and I'm not trying to be an @$$, I really am curious.
Thanks.

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
OK, I'll show my ignorance (again). What's with the bunny hops at the end? Seems like a nice kata otherwise. Are they just to make the kata end at the beginning point, or is there some esoteric hidden application for them? No disrespect to the Shotokan guys, and I'm not trying to be an @$$, I really am curious.
Thanks.

Yes, it's a Shotokan peculiarity added likely so you end at the point where you started the kata. The Shorin-ryu versions of the kata do not have the three short hops backwards.

Ray B

Green Belt
Reaction score
I have been involved in Chibana line Shorin-ryu karate for over 20 years, Matsubayashi
for a few and Seibukan briefly. I am not aware of any of the main Shorin branches doing Chinte.
Chinto yes, but not Chinte. I was told Chinte was inspired by Chinto though I do not see it.

Last edited:

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have been involved in Chibana line Shorin-ryu karate for over 20 years, Matsubayashi
for a few and Seibukan briefly. I am not aware of any of the main Shorin branches doing Chinte.
Chinto yes, but not Chinte. I was told Chinte was inspired by Chinto though I do not see it.

Some Isshinryu schools do it as a supplementary kata. But primarily I was thinking of HIGA Yuchoku's group, the Kyudokan. Apparently they can be classified as an offshoot of your Kobayashi? Higa Sensei studied under Shiroma, Shinzato, and Chibana and was highly ranked by Chibana.

[yt]rcdM7pW14ms[/yt]

Ray B

Green Belt
Reaction score
Yes, Higa Sensei was Chibana's first Shihan.
He is in the minority of Shorin schools teaching it.
I am currently trying to learn more about this kata and will get back to you regarding it.

Latest Discussions