Rank Question

StuartA

Black Belt
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, would you mind listing the correct patterns as they correspond with the correct rank, as far as what you're familier with?

For our dojang, this is how I went through the ranks, up to the point where I am now:

White Belt - Chon-Ji
Yellow Belt - Dan-Gun
Green Belt - Do-San
Blue Belt - Won-Hyo
Yul-Gok
Red Belt - Joon-Gun
Recommended Black Belt - Toi-Gye
1st Dan - Hwa-Rang
Choong-Moo
Recommended 2nd Dan- Kwang-Gae

Hi,

Using the link in my last post, they are in order from 9th Kup (Chon-ji) to 1st kup (Choong-Moo). Saju jirugi/makgi are used for 10th kups.

Its probibly better not to use belts to correspond with grades, as different schools use different colours etc. My list is based on the ITF system of rank: http://www.raynerslanetkd.com/SECTION2-Ranking.html

Stuart

OP
B

BrandonLucas

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi,

Using the link in my last post, they are in order from 9th Kup (Chon-ji) to 1st kup (Choong-Moo). Saju jirugi/makgi are used for 10th kups.

Its probibly better not to use belts to correspond with grades, as different schools use different colours etc. My list is based on the ITF system of rank: http://www.raynerslanetkd.com/SECTION2-Ranking.html

Stuart

I'm at work at the moment, and I have to wait until I can click on the link to check it out...I'm not supposed to be posting this, but I hate working...lol.

Thanks for the information!

Sylo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
We'll talk about this in the car on the way home.. but..
coming from someone who goes to the same school..

I'd say, train and worry about belts when he advises you that your ready to test.

You've been away for so long at this point your rank is irrelevant until your back up to speed, and I don't think 3 classes is gonna cut it!

stop being a slacker and take some phone calls. :p

OP
B

BrandonLucas

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
We'll talk about this in the car on the way home.. but..
coming from someone who goes to the same school..

I'd say, train and worry about belts when he advises you that your ready to test.

You've been away for so long at this point your rank is irrelevant until your back up to speed, and I don't think 3 classes is gonna cut it!

stop being a slacker and take some phone calls. :p

I hate you.

Latest Discussions