Rampage vs. Griffin

Skpotamus

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Fiendlover, not a problem, the scoring can be very confusing, especially since they leave it up to interpretation and different people can view it very differently (obviously due to the different points of view on the fight stated here). For example, look at the rules on effective striking, they give two defintions (more strikes landed and more damage done). This could be argued both ways for round one of that fight. Yes Griffin threw more strikes, and might have landed more strikes (total number), but Jackson did more damage with his (knockdown after staggering him twice with combinations). Which one scores more? The judging criteria lists it both ways.

Shrug, I just wanna see the rematch

ares

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I seem to remember Jackson saying during the "ultimate fighter" that if he lost to Griffin that he would give Forrest his purse. Wouldn't that be binding by law since he said it on t.v.? I would love to see him hand Forrest his purse. I thought Forrest had an excellent game plan. He didn't try to slug it out or clinch a lot. He stayed away and won the fight. Jackson didn't impress me the last couple of times I had seen him, so I wanted Griffin to win.

OP
Fiendlover

Fiendlover

Black Belt
Reaction score
Fiendlover, not a problem, the scoring can be very confusing, especially since they leave it up to interpretation and different people can view it very differently (obviously due to the different points of view on the fight stated here). For example, look at the rules on effective striking, they give two defintions (more strikes landed and more damage done). This could be argued both ways for round one of that fight. Yes Griffin threw more strikes, and might have landed more strikes (total number), but Jackson did more damage with his (knockdown after staggering him twice with combinations). Which one scores more? The judging criteria lists it both ways.

Shrug, I just wanna see the rematch
Lol yeah. I can see how the scoring could be confusing with that and I also can't wait to see the rematch.