Protein Powders

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I use them. Whey is from milk; it and egg are very good. Soy as a rule isn't absorbed as well and doesn't have the same balance of needed amino acids (though it's one of the relatively few non-animal sources of complete protein, and does have other benefits). I usually get whey powder, chocolate flavored. I'm not loyal to any one brand.

Definitely, focus on food, not supplements.

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
arnisador said:
I use them. Whey is from milk; it and egg are very good. Soy as a rule isn't absorbed as well and doesn't have the same balance of needed amino acids (though it's one of the relatively few non-animal sources of complete protein, and does have other benefits). I usually get whey powder, chocolate flavored. I'm not loyal to any one brand.

Definitely, focus on food, not supplements.
oh you remind me!
My friend has been doing this recipe for like 2 years, i think it's working really great for him
in a mixer he puts:
bananas, milk, tofu (flavored or not, your choice) , nuts (different kinds. nuts give the good fat, not saturated), strawberries, and "maybe" honey to make it sweeter im not sure.

OP
Lisa

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
mantis said:
oh you remind me!
My friend has been doing this recipe for like 2 years, i think it's working really great for him
in a mixer he puts:
bananas, milk, tofu (flavored or not, your choice) , nuts (different kinds. nuts give the good fat, not saturated), strawberries, and "maybe" honey to make it sweeter im not sure.

I love these things... they are filling and quick and good for you. I have never tried nuts but I will now. Thanks for the tip! :)

Latest Discussions