Proof of a Higher Power

OP
M

MisterMike

We know what it is. It is God's creation.

OP
S

SMP

It takes a lot of faith to believe that all of the order in the universe was the result of chance. Correct me if I am wrong but was it Einstien who said that mathmatics was the language of God?

OP
S

SMP

Mark Weiser said:
The only evidence that Jesus even existed is only in the Bible. There are no secular sources from Muslim, Jewish or Christian sources such Flavius Josephus,Herodotus,Livy,Tacitus all whom lived in Greece, Rome, Israel during or within 20-30 years after the time of Jesus whom never mention him once in all the writings they have written.

Just stating this for an interesting debate.

The Muslim faith also recognizes Jesus as a prophet and there is a small branch of Judaism that recognizes Jesus as the son of God, or Messiah.

OP
A

auxprix

Josh said:
you CAN be sure of Salvation. if you turn from sin, shun evil, and make every effort and take up your cross and walk everyday receiving Jesus as your MASTER, showing others what Jesus has done for you, you will be saved.

and how can you explain sin without talking about God, sin is the OPPOSITE of everything Christlike and Godly. I told you have a CONSCIENCE. God gave you a CONSCIENCE so you know what's right and wrong. That leads to guilt, a need for repentance and Jesus as your comeplete SUBSTITUTE on the Cross.

satan LOVES it that you don't believe. why give satan your ENEMY that benefeit, if you're NOT FOR GOD, you're AGAINST, NO IN BETWEEN.
Oh, yes, SATAN. The uninformed christian's greatest weapon.

If there is only one god, how can Satan exist? Satan is, after all, a deity in himself. In the christian Tradition, satan is the enemy of god and humanity. We are accepting that he is supernatural, and his will is contradictory to god's plan. Therefore, Satan is another god in in your monotheistic religion. How does that work?

Also, since you are christian, you observe the old testiment. In Jewish tradition, satan is an angel within god's circle. The name comes from the word 'enemy' in some language (I assume hebrew). But he is called satan because he is the enemy of humans, not God. He is god's tester (read your Job). Now that's a huge contradiction within your sole piece of evidence, the Holy Bible (and, no, you cannot use the Left Behind series).

It doesn't matter though, because the concept of angels, and ESPECIALLY Satan, is actually lifted from the Pagan religion of Zorro-Astrianism. You should research this, it's very interesting how they can tie the Zorro deities to the angels in personality, appearance, and sometimes even name. So how can the bible be both Pagan and condemn Paganism?

I know that, if this gets a response, it won't be anything different than what you've posted before. I challenge you to not just spout out fire and brimstone rhetoric, but to address this post directly.

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Satan is not a god if you don't worship him. Anything can become a false idol if it becomes more important than your relationship to God.

I was unaware of Zorro-Astrianism's link to angels...but there are the views that this is where Christianity borrowed it's concepts of heaven and hell

OP
M

MisterMike

RandomPhantom700 said:
We as in every rational being or we as in yourself and the other Good and Chosen people?

Everyone's, of course.

OP
M

Melissa426

michaeledward said:
It's called Christianity.
Cute.

He's referring to Messianic Jews (eg. Jews for Jesus).
Look up more about them at www.mjaa.org if you are interested.

Although I'll give you props for knowing that Christianity was originally was seen as a sect of Judaisim, I'd hardly characterize it as a "small" branch now.

Peace,
Melissa

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
So far, I have seen a few attempts at a proof of a higher power, but not many given the length of this thread... does any one else have any substance to contribute?

OP
M

Mark Weiser

okay I hope I will not start a big brawl here but being a Former Leader in the Messianic Movement. This can be verified if needed.

There is no such thing as a Messianic Jew if you wish for me to explain in detail please call me or write me due to not wishing to hijack this thread.

Sincerely,
Mark E. Weiser

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How's this Dan? :)

Attachments

• $baby9a.jpg
    $baby9a.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 94
OP
M

Melissa426

Prove to me you love your wife (husband, kids.)
Just because you say you do, is that proof?

It's the same with belief in God.
It's a matter of the heart, the soul, and the spirit.

People without a real relationship with God will be spiritually hungry, restless, always searching and looking for something to fill the void.

I CAN offer proof that the devil exists....
Krispy Kremes. :uhyeah:

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
it is impossible to prove the existence of a higher power...just as it is impossible to disprove it...

thats why it's called faith

RandomPhantom700

Master of Arts
Reaction score
MisterMike said:
Everyone's, of course.
Well, that's pretty arrogant to claim, considering that it's a lie. I know plenty of people, myself included, who don't know existence to be God's creation.

As for providing a proof of God, or any other higher power (I'm surprised by how many posts here speak of the Christian God as the only proposed supernatural deity), I agree that it cannot be done, and any understanding of any God-concept is a matter of faith. However, I will dissent by refusing to say that, therefore, faith in the Lord is superior to proof and reason.

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
- Galileo Galilei

posted this in another thread....it's a good thought

Latest Discussions