Professor Presas Facebook page

mtbates

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Remy Presas Modern Arnis Group on Facebook. Many people have sent me old photos. Please feel free to submit. also, lots of old photos on www.remypresasimaf.com. I've been receiving lots of questions concerning Professors last public appearance in Phila. February 2001. If anyone who was there has some of those photos, I'd love to see them!

Brian Johns

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity and looking at the referenced website url, is this going to be another IMAF???

Thank you.

James Miller

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Is this event being sponsored be one of the IMAFs? If not why are are you using the IMAF name? Not trying to start problems, just curious?

OP
mtbates

mtbates

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
the "IMAF" i'm "using" is the one i've been "using" since april 1989. It's the one the late Grandmaster came to Philadelphia in feb 2001 to ask me to assist him in re-tooling once he beat his cancer. the Hall of Fame was one example. It's the entity i supported by attending 20 + summer/fall camps in 12 active years before his death, as well as hosting an average of 2-4 seminars per year in that same time period. It's also the one I believe I was the last one promoted in . Also in feb. 2001 to my 4th level. To this forum as you know, i'm new. I've never made a big deal of it. I'm going to take a wild guess, but I trust we've never met. If we have met,please excuse me. I look foreward to it in the future.
thanks for your curiousity.

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi Michael,

I remember getting an IMAF patch from you circa 1990. I still have it. :0) I also enjoyed some of the great events that you have hosted with Prof. and others. Good to see you here.

the "IMAF" i'm "using" is the one i've been "using" since april 1989. It's the one the late Grandmaster came to Philadelphia in feb 2001 to ask me to assist him in re-tooling once he beat his cancer. the Hall of Fame was one example. It's the entity i supported by attending 20 + summer/fall camps in 12 active years before his death, as well as hosting an average of 2-4 seminars per year in that same time period. It's also the one I believe I was the last one promoted in . Also in feb. 2001 to my 4th level. To this forum as you know, i'm new. I've never made a big deal of it. I'm going to take a wild guess, but I trust we've never met. If we have met,please excuse me. I look foreward to it in the future.
thanks for your curiousity.

James Miller

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Thank you for the information. You're right. We haven't met yet. I was hoping to me you at the Modern Arnis Reunion Camp. Unfortunately you left early and I got there late Saturday. Maybe we'll see you at the Balintawak Celebration that Datu Tim is hosting in 2013.

OP
mtbates

mtbates

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
FS,
Yea, I have mine too. It's been on my stick bag since gas was .90 cents @ gallon. Looking foreward to training w/you this Saturday @ Corsellos in Lansdale, Pa. Perhaps a bite to eat afterward if you're not too busy. I believe one of my senior associates will be there as well. He's a Parker Kenpo person too.

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sounds great!! See you then!

FS,
Yea, I have mine too. It's been on my stick bag since gas was .90 cents @ gallon. Looking foreward to training w/you this Saturday @ Corsellos in Lansdale, Pa. Perhaps a bite to eat afterward if you're not too busy. I believe one of my senior associates will be there as well. He's a Parker Kenpo person too.

Latest Discussions