Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Prime Minister Shatner
By Miko - 02-26-2009 10:22 PM
Originally Posted at: Dead Parrot Tavern

====================

http://www.canada.com/entertainment/...837/story.html

William Shatner is looking to boldly go where no spaceman has gone before - the top of Canadian Parliament. In response to a fan letter urging the Emmy winner to become Governor General of Canada (a position currently held by Micha?lle Jean), Shatner responded that he has his eye on a different governmental role.

"I must, with deepest thanks, turn down your honourable intent to advance me as Governor General. Besides which, I don't have time to be Governor General," wrote the Star Trek star. "My intention is to be Prime Minister of Canada, not Governor General, which is mainly a ceremonial position."

Even though the gig is one step down from Governor General, the 77-year-old actor explained that he thinks he could make a bigger impact as Prime Minister.

"As Prime Minister I can lead Canada into even greater exploits," Shatner explained.

We can think of no better time than now for Canada to live long and prosper.

Read More...

------------------------------------
The Dead Parrot Tavern - The Dead Parrot Tavern is a community forum for the discussion of the golden age of piracy, pirate fests, ren faires, science fiction, fantasy and horror with news, info, calendars of events, message boards, and more! We welcome all to our shores!

Latest Discussions