Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
StraightRazor said:
Cool...it just caught my attention since I took some heat about being a fake when I started here. Is stuff like this common?

Some people have done it in the past and have been suspended and/or banned.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
StraightRazor said:
Cool...it just caught my attention since I took some heat about being a fake when I started here. Is stuff like this common? If it is i suppose i can understand the heat.
You just jumped into a politically charged thread at the wrong time and in the middle of the wrong crowd. All history which probably should be left buried.

E

Emptyglass

StraightRazor said:
Cool...it just caught my attention since I took some heat about being a fake when I started here. Is stuff like this common? If it is i suppose i can understand the heat.

Re: Practice Pertners

Datu Puti said:

Also, I'm sure others have done it as well and haven't been noticed or caught. It's the nature of the internet and this type of forum to have such things happen and you really shouldn't let it dampen your enthusiasm or interest in discussing the martial arts StraightRazor. Just keep on swinging.

Best Regards,

Rich Curren

S

StraightRazor

Datu Puti said:

You and arnis princess must live together. It pretty late to be at the dojo.

S

StraightRazor

PS.How do you post but the little green light next to your name isnt on?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
StraightRazor said:
In the past 3 years, we've had a small handful of situations.

Off the top of my head, I can recall 1 situation in the Japanese section, and 1 in the Filipino section. Also there were 2 suspected cases which were never conclusivly proven. There may be a couple more that I'm not recalling. Less than 10 total cases.

Where it was proven, suspensions and bans were implimented.

While we don't actively check for such things (the softwares supposed to have safeguards installed), when we have reason to check, we do.

We try to make a determination on if it was of a malicious nature (self promotion, fraud, vendetta) or not. Non-Malicious usage would be forgetting to log out for example and then 'fessing up to it' later.

E

Emptyglass

StraightRazor said:
PS.How do you post but the little green light next to your name isnt on?

You can set your status to "Hidden" or "Invisible" in your user prefs. Plus, I'm sure the mods, admins and owners have special posting rights.

Thanks,

Rich Curren

S

StraightRazor

Sneaky like ninja.

I must admit that I was PMing some people about the treatment I was getting here and now I find that there may be some reason for the suspicion. (but I am real and have the bills to prove it)

Things are strange around here. Invisiblity, "shadow accounts" (cool name kinda 007). Cant decide if its cool, scary or pathetic. Maybe Ill try somewhere else.

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi StraightRazor,

True, you did enter the waters like the guy at Niagra Falls a few months ago, but you will survive too! :)

MT has an awesome array of various martial artists of various backgrounds, skills, and abilities who care about their art and share their information freely.

Hang in there and I hope that you can benefit from the discussions and information shared on MartialTalk and continue to contribute.

Best regards,

Harold Evans (Palusut)
MartialTalk Moderator
Fellow student of the Filipino Martial Arts

Cool, now, Let's get back to topic.

E

Emptyglass

SR:

Do what you think is best. Good and bad information can be found here if you know what to look for and have a discerning eye. Good luck if you decide to go elsewhere.

Rich Curren

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
StraightRazor said:
Sneaky like ninja.

I must admit that I was PMing some people about the treatment I was getting here and now I find that there may be some reason for the suspicion. (but I am real and have the bills to prove it)

Things are strange around here. Invisiblity, "shadow accounts" (cool name kinda 007). Cant decide if its cool, scary or pathetic. Maybe Ill try somewhere else.
Its only the internet man. The only difference here is some people actually know each other past the keyboard.

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
StraightRazor said:
Sneaky like ninja.

Well...I vote pathetic! (shadow accounts being pathetic, I mean)

Yours,
Batman

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
StraightRazor said:
Sneaky like ninja.

The treatment you received is being looked into by the staff. It is not our policy to allow harassment of new members, or old members for that matter. Those who we find to be harassing others will be dealt with.

If anyone feels they are being harassed, please use the "Report to Mod" link so that we are made aware of it. We do not read everything, so without our members help will miss things.

Invisibility is a feature available to all members. Staff can see who is on at all times. Its purpose is to help protect a persons privacy, which is also part of why we do not currently require the use of real-names in public profiles or signatures.

Shadow accounts are weeded out as we find them.

We hope that you will stay as we have alot to offer.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tulisan said:
Not only that, but I've been to Datu Puti's house...so I know who REALLY wears the pants!
The dogs, of course.

Advertising money sounds like a good idea...maybe I'll change my name to Pepsi.

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
Tulisan said:
Not only that, but I've been to Datu Puti's house...so I know who REALLY wears the pants! :uhyeah:
So I take it that Arnis Princess is Janice Tim's GF/Significant other? Tim will have some explaining to do about those late night 'private lessons' if it isn't :)

Latest Discussions