Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
[yt]UDZVvz5gDNA[/yt]

Cain Velasquez tops Brock Lesnar at UFC 121 to claim the UFC heavyweight title

The undefeated Cain Velasquez tore through Brock Lesnar in a career-defining performance, as he captured the heavyweight championship in the UFC 121 "Lesnar versus Velasquez" main event Saturday at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif. The end came 4 minutes, 12 seconds into Round 1, as Velasquez reached the mountaintop just nine fights into his professional career.

Last edited by a moderator:

BloodMoney

Green Belt
Reaction score
lol a guy on MMAshare forums literally bet his 16yr old daughter that Brock would win, quote "Ill let you all take turns with my 16yr old daughter if Brock loses...thats how sure I am. Its IMPOSSIBLE he would lose this fight"

That went down well as you can imagine.

People were not only retarded enough to think Brock would win (was never gunna happen) but they were 100% fanatically sure. Tsk tsk. Dont buy the hype kiddies

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'll admit, I wanted Cain to win, but never in a million years thought it would have gone down like that. The realist in me Knew Brock would win... boy was I wrong.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've always thought Lesner was over rated.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've always thought Lesner was over rated.

I've always wondered how someone can decide they want to do MMA, and get the chance to fight the top guys, or guys that've been around a long time, right off the bat. You'd think you'd have to work your way up the food chain.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've always wondered how someone can decide they want to do MMA, and get the chance to fight the top guys, or guys that've been around a long time, right off the bat. You'd think you'd have to work your way up the food chain.

$$$

bluewaveschool

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I thought they stopped the fight against Randy when Randy had plenty left. Hell, I still think Randy could have won it had it gone on longer.

also -

dancing_brock_73858.gif

KenpoVzla

Green Belt
Reaction score
That video posted is no longer available. :(

I think there's a point when a fighter has held a title for several fights that he begins to take it just a little bit for granted; A little bit in this game, means a lot to the challenger who's coming all out.

I'm not taking anything away from Velasquez, but I want to see him defend his title a couple of times and now we're talking.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think there's a point when a fighter has held a title for several fights that he begins to take it just a little bit for granted...

I'm not sure Brock did here. He looked in the best shape he's been in since before he was sick. He physically looked like a beast, better than he did against Carwin. Like the Carwin fight though, this fight showed the limits of his standup skill, and unlike against Carwin, he couldn't survive the onslaught. Tellingly, Velasquez was able to defend the takedown attempts and get back on his feet. He stayed away from Brock's greatest strength, and that is what allowed him to use his superior standup to dominate.

Latest Discussions