Possibly a very silly and useless question

pete

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
...both Yang Ban Hou and Yang Shao Hou’s Tai Chi was very different from Yang Chengfu’s and Yang Jian Hou’s. Jainhou changed if first and Chengfu changed it more.
so to continue the trend of non-offending statements, this is why CMC IS ARGUABLY A YANG STYLE.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
so to continue the trend of non-offending statements, this is why CMC IS ARGUABLY A YANG STYLE.

Comes after Chengfu from one of his students and is based on Yang style.

But Cheng Manching is not a member of the Yang family and the change was allegedly not approved by the Yang family. I still would not call it Yang; it is fundamentally different but just as viable a style. And it is certainly a point that could be argued; just about anything can be argued you could easily argue Yang is Chen on the same premise. But if there is proof it was approved by Yang Chnegfu then yes I guess it could be called Yang. But arguing that is not the point of my post.

Anything from Yang Banhou or Yang Shao Hou would be Yang family however and not an arguable point but a fact. It is the possibly writing their students out of history part that concerns me.

Latest Discussions