PoliceOne's 2013 Gun Policy & Law Enforcement Survey

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Interesting survey which mirrors conversations that I have had with street level law enforcement professionals.

http://www.policeone.com/police-pro...Enforcement-Survey-Results-Executive-Summary/
PoliceOne's 2013 Gun Policy & Law Enforcement Survey Results:

"Today, PoliceOne.com released the findings from last month’s Gun Policy & Law Enforcement survey, which drew more than 15,000 completed responses from verified law enforcement professionals. Covering a broad range of topics related to the gun control debate in our country,"/...snip

Regards
Brian King

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well ... :nods:.

That survey goes to show that, regardless of the sometimes 'bad press' they get in the real and fictional worlds, Law Enforcement personnel in America turn out to be quite sensible and level headed people indeed.

I was heartened to read through the questions and take note of the swathe of times there was a hugely strong response favouring the freedoms of those in their jurisdictions. It would seem that the Totalitarian Tiptoe has yet to erode the sense of duty these men and women have to those they watch over :tup:.

I was really struck by the answers to question 20 where, essentially, 90% of them thought that armed citizens were a positive force on dealing with crime rates and question 22 where a clear 80% reckoned that armed citizens would have reduced the death tolls in recent mass shootings.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Aye; I have always said too that, given what they do for a living, their opinions carry quite some weight with me on this issue (tho', as a foreign civilian, that in itself probably carries little weight in the debate :)).

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The LE that post here all seem to be very pro-gun.

It's the political Chiefs of the major metro PD's (who are beholden to their political city leadership) who come out with the "Police are for gun control!!" ********. Of course those are the ones the democrat lawmakers trot out for their press appearances.

Latest Discussions