Please Help

gmunoz

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I met someone the other day who told me his father created his own style that is mostly unknown. I know nothing about Judo or any similar MA, but according to this guy, this style is a mixture of Judo and jujutsu or something like that. THe name of the style I believe he said was Romijutsu (I think that's how he said it). Anyhow, has anyone ever heard of this style? It is possible I completely botched the spelling or pronunciation. I am simply going off of my memory.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Judo is derived from JuJutsu and originated from Japan. Many, if not all, jutsu/jitsu styles came from JuJutsu. Since you said your friend's father created a style of jujutsu, what questions do you have about it? There are several hybrids that exist out there and can generally be identified by the -jutsu/-jitsu suffix. Some have been around for quite a while and are recognized as martial arts on their own merits.

- Ceicei

OP
G

gmunoz

Purple Belt
Reaction score
My first question is: Has anyone heard of a style called Romijutsu (or something like that)? If so what is the correct name and spelling and what are one's opinion of the art?

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
A search of different -jutsu "families" brought up an alternate spelling romijutsu/ramijutsu/romajutsu as yamajutsu. I'm not sure if it is a different way of pronunciation. I've tried with the -jitsu suffix also. I didn't come up with anything that appears to be similar.

If you do indeed have the correct spelling, then it appears to be a new system. At the very least, it's not well known enough for many of us to offer much help answering what it is, other than assume it is a hybrid/variation of a -jutsu style.

My only suggestion is to inquire further with your friend's father. He should be able to answer more about what it is and what systems/styles he has studied that helped contribute to the new/unknown style.

- Ceicei

OP
G

gmunoz

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Thank you so much. I'll have to do that. The only problem is I lost his number. I'll wait to see him again. Again thank you for your response.

Latest Discussions