Please!!! Help me find a JKD instructor in Louisville Kentucky

OP
Z

zac358

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thank you I definitely won't. I'm going to check out this Muy Thai and boxing. I think I will like it and have looked into Muy Thai a lot as well. I will try out many forms and see if they are for me.

OP
Z

zac358

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hey haven't been on in awhile and just saw this. Emailed you.

unladylikedefnse

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I just checked Paul Vunak's list of certified JKD instructors but unfortunately did not find any in KY. Sorry! The next nearest ones would be:
Indiana:
Brandon Blackwell - Greenfield, IN - www.fighting.net/brandonb
James Tran - Lafayette, IN - www.fighting.net/jamest
Matthew Knogge - Mulberry, IN - www.fighting.net/matthewk
Maurice Pierce - Greenfield, IN - www.fighting.net/mauricep

Thanks for the info guys. Trust me I have spent literally hours on the web trying to find one near here. Yea 10,000 dollars no way but I am willing to sacrifice to be able to learn this style. I was hoping maybe if there wasn't a gym to at least find a guy who does it Privately. What is SanShou exactly? Since I'm new to martial arts I don't know many forms. Usually when I see one I don't know though I will research it. Also what is a TKD school? I saw that you said you feel I would find one but I'm not sure what it is lol. I was hoping maybe someone on here knew of a JKD school or trainer here that maybe wasn't on the Internet. Any and all info is appreciated guys. Thank you all very much.

RRepster

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thank you. You were very helpful. I might travel this summer to learn some JKD I would def do that for a chance.

I admire your determination. One problem though is that (and keep in mind I love JKD) there doesn't seem to be a consences on just what JKD really is. You could travel thousands of miles, rent three weeks ahead non-refundable at a hotel only to find the "instructor" is really just teaching FMA. So much of what I see claimed to be JKD is just FMA mixed with some (very little) Wing Chun.

Chat Noir

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I admire your determination. One problem though is that (and keep in mind I love JKD) there doesn't seem to be a consences on just what JKD really is. You could travel thousands of miles, rent three weeks ahead non-refundable at a hotel only to find the "instructor" is really just teaching FMA. So much of what I see claimed to be JKD is just FMA mixed with some (very little) Wing Chun.

I agree 100%. People interpret "absorb what is useful, discard what is useless and add what is essentially your own," to mean they can teach Muay Thai, FMA, grappling only classes and sell that as Jeet Kune Do and exploit the art for their own purposes - and Bruce would be agree with all their decisions. I'm glad the Lee family is finally getting serious about putting out a list of instructors that teach JKD as Bruce taught it. It amazes me that people actually think he did FMA, silat, and Muay Thai - does no one do their research?

Latest Discussions